Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cardiff City v Blackpool Championship Play Off Final Sat 22 May 2010  (Read 2159 times)
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« on: May 23, 2010, 08:22:03 PM »

I was one of the many unfortunates that went to Wembley in to see one of Cardiff's most important games
for years. Arguably their most important in their history after their 1927 FA Cup win.

I say good luck to Blackpool in the Premiership. They deserved to win and played their socks off and looked up for it all the match.

Cardiff didn't, in my opinion, seemed to play with all out fire and passion. They didn't SEEM to want it as much as Blackpool.

Dave Jones is an excellent manager but I think he got things wrong. I believe he should have started with GERRARD and when BOTHROYD came off he should have sent on McCORMACK and not ETUHU. ETUHU didn't have a good game and hasn't impressed me when I've seen him play. That's why Man City lent him out.

I thought CHOPRA and LEDLEY were Cardiff's best players. So much so that I think LEDLEY will be off to a premier league side soon, probably Stoke?

All in all I'm gutted City didn't do it but Blackpool were the better side. Dave Jones, the city manager, needs to get one or two quality defenders and a leader to organise them. We've got attackers as our goals prove.

It'd be easier if City just came 1st or 2nd and avoid this play off farce.

Good Luck Blackpool. You deserve it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 10:28:28 AM by rjm » Logged

Terry

I WANT TO FIND MORE PULL TABS

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 09:13:37 PM »

Hey Rob,  I know you are a City fan through and through,  But I don't believe you got the wrong date for City winning the FA cup  it was 1927,    must have been because you are still upset,
Terry
KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 09:46:09 PM »

hi rjm, i agree with you mate,the free kick for blackpool was superb, but the other two should have been checked two very sloppy goals mate dont you think.
DES
zorro
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 11:06:58 PM »

i think the question will be can cardiff keep the best players they got? with the debt they are in they may be forced to sell their "jewels".
I personally think they money given to the premiership teams compared to the lower divisions is way too big a gap.
KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 11:22:33 PM »

i,ve always said KEV the money in the premiership should be capped and the rest given to the lower divisions
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 10:32:39 AM »

Hey Rob,  I know you are a City fan through and through,  But I don't believe you got the wrong date for City winning the FA cup  it was 1927,    must have been because you are still upset,
Terry

Hi Terry

I've altered it now. I'm not upset just annoyed as I don't think Cardiff played as well as they should have. It appears BOTHROYD had not trained all week because of injury so why take a chance and play him?

If he wanted to play a hit man, I'd have put GERRARD up there as he's good in the air and solid.

As I said, Blackpool deserved the win as they fought harder for it.

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »

hi rjm, i agree with you mate,the free kick for blackpool was superb, but the other two should have been checked two very sloppy goals mate dont you think.
DES

It was a cracker of a free kick and made all the better because they'd just gone a goal down.

Yes, our goals were sloppy as were the ones conceeded against Leicester in the play offs.

rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 10:37:34 AM »

i think the question will be can cardiff keep the best players they got? with the debt they are in they may be forced to sell their "jewels".
I personally think they money given to the premiership teams compared to the lower divisions is way too big a gap.

The only one I'd keep is Ledley and he's out of contract and almost likely to go cheaply.

I think some of the debt is covered but they need to make payments on it. I hope our main jewel, Dave Jones, stays
but he needs to have back up plans and helped by a larger squad.

adesace

If I was a rich man

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 04:44:28 PM »

Being a Wolves fan i am a great admirer of Dave Jones And wondered why we got rid of him in the first plaice. Hope you can keep onto him and you will get your rewards.

Ade
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 05:52:04 PM »

Being a Wolves fan i am a great admirer of Dave Jones And wondered why we got rid of him in the first plaice. Hope you can keep onto him and you will get your rewards.

He had unpleasant allegations made against him whilst at Wolves and moved away to put things behind him.

He is meeting the City Board as I write. I hope he stays as he's an excellent manager and has been running
things with 'one arm tied behind his back'. The needs money to add to the squad and try and retain some of the better players.

I hope we can win promotion this coming season without this play off farce. It's too stressful!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal