Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PERMISSION LETTER  (Read 2062 times)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« on: June 16, 2009, 03:49:04 PM »

this could help if you want to get permission off the farmer or land owner in writing Roll Eyes,
DATE!

Mr.XXXXXXXX

This may sound like a strange request, so let me introduce myself: My name is (Your Name) and I have lived in (Name of Town) for (Length of Time). I am (Your Age) years old, married with four children. Normally I would prefer to approach you in person, however I feel that a letter before hand is a better emissary than just knocking on your door at an inconvenient time and invading your privacy.

I have been engaged in the hobby of metal detecting for twenty years and find it a healthful, enjoyable pastime that allows me to meet many interesting people. The thrill of finding old coins, buttons, etc. is very exciting to me.

Recently, I have researched information that your property and the area surrounding it goes back many years. I would like to obtain permission for myself and a friend to detect your property.

I want you to understand that I always respect the property that I search and try to leave it in the same condition that I found it. Normally the targets are no deeper than 4 or 5 inches and I retrieve them such that the ground appears not to be disturbed.

In addition, I would like to offer my services to you. Perhaps you or someone you know has lost a valuable ring, a cache or a farm tool. I would be willing to assist just for the thrill of the search.

I have enclosed a self addressed envelope for your convenience and would be happy to meet with you if further discussion is required.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

(Your Name)
(Telephone Number
sodbuster
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 05:19:30 PM »

Well thought out letter casa-dos . I was lucky enough to go for a meal in one of the more rural pubs that do food recently and got talking with one of the local farmers who has given us the go ahead to detect on his land . Only a couple of acres but I'm hoping to chat to a few of the neighbouring farmers to see if I can secure some more.
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 05:38:37 PM »

Kev.i have used this letter with some success & also use this one:
Mr/Ms/Mrs First M.I. Last
Street Address
City, Post code
Phone #
email@email.com

DATE

Greetings Sir (or Ma’am),                     

My name is (your name).  I have lived in (your town) for (number of) years.  (Other things about yourself or family – keep short).  Normally I would prefer to approach you in person, but I feel that a letter beforehand is far less intrusive than just knocking on your door at an inconvenient time and invading your privacy.

I'm writing to ask for permission to use a metal detector on your property at (address or location).  I've been engaged in the hobby for about (years) now and I find that it is a good source of exercise and a great way to meet many interesting people.  I realize this may be a strange request, but the thrill of finding old coins, buttons, & etc is very exciting to me.  Recently, I ran across information about the history of your property and the area surrounding it.  Needless to say, I’ve been intrigued about how old the area really is. 

I want you to know that I respect all properties that I search and always leave them in the same condition that I find them.  Normally, the targets that I uncover are no more than four to six inches deep, and I retrieve them in such a way that the ground appears undisturbed.

In addition, I would like to offer my services to you.  Perhaps you or someone you know has lost a favorite piece of jewelry or other valued metal object.  I would be glad to try and find it for you, just for the thrill of the search.  Otherwise, if you have a couple of chores I can help you with while I’m there, I would be glad to offer a hand in return.

I have enclosed a self addressed envelope for your convenience and would be happy to meet with you if further discussion is required.  If you have any questions, please feel free to call me anytime.  My phone number is listed above.

Thank you so much for your consideration, and I’m looking forward to hearing from you.

Very Respectfully,

(Sign your name here)

(Type your name here)

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 06:13:11 PM »

TO BE PERFECTLY HONEST I HAVE NEVER EVER WRITEN A LETTER TO ANYONE REGARDING LAND USE ,,,,,,,INSTED I THINK ITS BEST TO ACTUALLY GO TO THE FARM AND INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THEM ,,,, THAT WAY  THE FARMER ETC  CAN SEE THE TYPE OF PERSON YOU ARE FIRST HAND  AND THEY WILL EITHER LIKE YOU  AND SAY YES  OR NOT LIKE YOU  AND SAY  NO ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I THINK IF I HAD LAND  I WOULD PREFER TO ACTUALLY SEE THE SORT OF PERSON I WOULD HAVE ON MY LAND  AS  A LATTER COULD BE FROM ANYONE AT ALL ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,    I HAVE ASKED MANY  MANY FARMERS  ETC FACE TO FACE   AND HAD   3 SAY NO  BUT I HAVE ALLMOST  1700  ACRES SO FAR ,,,,,,,,SO AS YOU CAN SEE IT SEEMS TO WORK OK FOR ME     HOPE THIS HELPS 

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
Kev
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 06:23:37 PM »

DIGGA i agree with you m8,iv always gone and asked myself,put the letter on here because some people dont like to go and ask.. Wink
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 06:32:14 PM »

& some people don`t have the time because of work commitments!
So a letter can be useful !!

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 07:03:20 PM »

I'll tell you why you always go in person and don't send a letter Kev...You love flamin talking  Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy  Grin  Grin  Grin
Kev
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 07:06:54 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 07:59:57 PM »

STIGGY  I GOT MORE THAN    90%  OF MINE IN THE EVENING BUD   Wink Wink  ITS BETTER  AS MOST FARMERS  ARE OUT  DURING THE DAY  Angry    I USUALLY GO  BETWEEN  6   AND  8.30    I NEVER LEAVE IT TOO LATE CS THEY WILL PROB GET A BIT NARKY   IF ITS TOO LATE   Grin Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal