Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: bad photos sorry and coins bieng cleaned  (Read 4103 times)
ewansdad27

« on: August 17, 2009, 03:32:47 PM »

Ok all i got up this morning and got the coins on the mend but these are yet to be cleaned ( need to find out what they are before i start sticking liquids on them lol)

i think this is an easier way to post the pics

http://img249.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=file0389.jpg

To be the best you gotta beat the best. thats a whole of beatings i gotta give Wink
ewansdad27

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 06:25:02 PM »

*bump* cmon lol

To be the best you gotta beat the best. thats a whole of beatings i gotta give Wink
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »

You need to use a higher resolution fella when taking the pics , theres not much definiion to the pics , I use a scanner myself. Bottom right looks like a buckle , botton left , an unfired live bullet  the others I cant make out.

Please dont throw the bullet around too much  Wink

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
ewansdad27

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 07:06:43 PM »

lol yeah the bullet is live. I really am struggling to get a good picture. its an hd cam but i really dont know why. will have to take them down my bros.

ewansdad27

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 07:47:33 PM »

i was trying to find out what era was that bullet and for what rifle? hmmm im a bit crappy on my history but i love treasure hunting lol

Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 07:56:57 PM »

Hey no problem fella, you're in the right place, I believe Jonola is the man you need to ask that to , he's the Bullet Buff on here. I'll steer him to this thread with a pm.

The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 08:11:40 PM »

First two pictures are of an oval blinker or saddle brass from horse harness, late 19th to early 20th century.
ewansdad27

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 08:15:56 PM »

First two pictures are of an oval blinker or saddle brass from horse harness, late 19th to early 20th century.

noooooo i was hoping it was going to be a lil earlier than that. oh well, it was in a field and i suppose i shouldnt expect to much lol.

ewansdad27

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 08:19:50 PM »

Hey no problem fella, you're in the right place, I believe Jonola is the man you need to ask that to , he's the Bullet Buff on here. I'll steer him to this thread with a pm.

hey rob just wanted to say thanks on being so friendly in our posts to me. alwasy nice to see a guy appreciate a new metal detector fan in the seek of findings. are you going to the meeting on sept 5-6th? will be nice to meet ya if so. take care

Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 05:08:09 PM »

Are there any markings on the bullet?
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 05:11:03 PM »

I'll be lurking around there somewhere fella.

ewansdad27

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 05:50:25 PM »

Are there any markings on the bullet?

sadly ....no. im just worried that the blooie thing will go off lol. i have put it in a box and under the cupboard

Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 06:23:34 PM »

Hard to guess the calibre from the pic. Looks like a .45 round "Stubby" as they were/are called. Caused many a jam so wouldn't surprise me if it was ejected as a blockage. Could be anything from the pic though. See if you think the two flanking  either side of the usual ball round are similar.
ewansdad27

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 04:35:56 PM »

Hard to guess the calibre from the pic. Looks like a .45 round "Stubby" as they were/are called. Caused many a jam so wouldn't surprise me if it was ejected as a blockage. Could be anything from the pic though. See if you think the two flanking  either side of the usual ball round are similar.

ok totally lost there lol. It looks like a dwarf bullet to me and thats all i can tell you. im afraid to clean it just in case but having a stab in the dark i would say YES Wink simular mate. Any idea on what age it might have?

waltonbasinman
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 04:37:53 PM »

I'll be lurking around there somewhere fella.

never had you down as a Lurker Rob

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal