Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Next Rally- Forum 'Try before you buy'  (Read 4890 times)
Sexy Legs (Leighton)

Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett Ace 150

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 09:38:35 PM »

Yeah, I remember you, mate. Next time I'll have a lash with it, thanks.

Smiley

outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 09:48:39 PM »

This topic has been discussed before, with the same resulting replies.

Someone needs to organise it  Grin
KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 10:01:14 PM »

molefink i had the prysm3and it was a good machine but the 4and 5 are way in front of it so i.d like the 4 or 5 myself mate.
  DES
KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 10:06:19 PM »

molefink you missed one on the forum with all accessariesfor 250 mate i dont know if its gone have a look in the sales blog
  DES
Legacy Hunter
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 10:09:58 PM »

JUNKMAN
I was at the car next to you remember me? Steve my partner has a explorer se pro at the next rally you can try it out if you want. I have a X-Terra 705 if you want to try it
Did you think I talked too much?
Debs
KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 10:13:29 PM »

yea i know mate this was as new only a couple of weeks old it had spade box cover coil cover bag the intro books and dvd to name a few
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 10:16:27 PM by KANE (DES) » Logged
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010, 10:15:04 PM »

A cracking idea!

Why not have a separate section where a pre-arranged "swop" can be arranged on the forthcoming rallies?

Some months ago I wrote about why dealers should let us buyers try before we buy. We would 'buy' the machine and if not liked could return it within a specified period for a full or nearly full refund.

I argued that if the manufacturer had confidence in their machine then they would be confident enough to do this.
Some members argued against my idea !!   You can test drive a car so why not a detector?  Huh

I think if you do a search you might find the posts on this very subject.

zorro
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 09:28:35 AM »

rjm i agree that it would be a great idea for BUYERS to "test drive" detectors before buying, but manufacturers will never agree to that because, as most of us know, new models don't always do "exactly what it says on the box".
as for dealers, well some dont/or cant stock certain brands. they arent going to tell you that minelabs are great if they dont stock them are they?
the best way is to talk to people, with a bit of experience, you know and trust who arent selling a detector and seek their advice.
i think junkmans idea is a great one. if a portion of land was set aside and people were asked just to mark the area where a signal is given (maybe with a golf tee) but not dig it until several machine have had a chance to try and get a signal in the same spot, we'd all really have an idea of different machines depth.and also the depth capability of our own detectors....could be a wake up call for a lot of us!
Debbie

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 09:32:50 AM »

I like the 'test-bed' idea too Zorro - as you say though, the wake up call could sure come as a shock when a £200 detector outranks a £1000+ beast  Shocked
Bring it on - I think that it will also help members have a better understanding of the set-up of their machines too.
Deb Wink
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 09:45:02 AM »

Myself and Chef did a test bed on the Caerleon 3 rally.  To be honest we rushed it as we had little time.  What do you say we do a proper one on the 2 dayer where we've got more time. Proper forms to fill in, could use proper white grass spray to mark spots.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
StumbledUpon

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 09:50:58 AM »

Id be happy if someone would like to try the f75, SE or CZ5. for an hour or two.Smiley
Junkman

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2010, 09:52:54 AM »

i think junkmans idea is a great one. if a portion of land was set aside and people were asked just to mark the area where a signal is given (maybe with a golf tee) but not dig it until several machine have had a chance to try and get a signal in the same spot, we'd all really have an idea of different machines depth.and also the depth capability of our own detectors....could be a wake up call for a lot of us!

I was also thinking about something similar at the last rally. I might make up a test bed of my own but along different lines. Recover speed is crucial, especially in really productive land as so many signals get masked by iron in the ground. I might make up a test bed so people can see the masking effect and how different machines re-act (the 2 way signal syndrome) . People always go on about depth but that is so misleading in many ways.

Hmmm, this has got me thinking.......

Teknetics T2 - C Scope R1 - Laser Trident 2 - Pinpoint Probe - Spade - Wellies
One man on a mission to find and record the history of our great nations last 60 years of discarded,useless metallic Junk. So far i'm doing really really well.
KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 10:06:43 PM »

hi maxine, i would love to have a go of the cz5.
DES

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal