Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Next Rally- Forum 'Try before you buy'  (Read 4891 times)
Junkman

« on: February 23, 2010, 06:27:09 PM »

I'm sure i'm not alone in having more than one machine (see my signature). How many people chop and change machine until they find one they get on with. At the next Rally, why not have a 'Try before you buy' scheme where people can arrange to meet up and use a spare machine?. People were asking me about my Trident 2 at the last rally as I used this and my T2. Would be good to let someone borrow it and show them how to set it up and how to get it to work   at its best. As long as it is someone known on the forum and it's on the basis of " You break it, you pay to get it fixed" I don't mind lending out my machines or swopping with someone else. I've done this before at a rally and spent a few hours using a Whites Prism whilst the prism owner used the T2. I also showed the Prism owner ( a relative newbie) how he was not using a good set up on his Prism.

So at the next rally, if anyone want to 'buddy up' and use my T2 or Trident 2 with them, let me know.                                                                                                                                                 

Teknetics T2 - C Scope R1 - Laser Trident 2 - Pinpoint Probe - Spade - Wellies
One man on a mission to find and record the history of our great nations last 60 years of discarded,useless metallic Junk. So far i'm doing really really well.
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 06:29:28 PM »

i usually bring an Xterra 50, exp 2 - i'm willing to lend out.

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 06:32:02 PM »

I like that idea Junkman and would love to try out a T2 - I can offer an Explorer II, X-Minelab Terra 30 or a trusty Minelab Muskateer (probably me favourite of all time} in a 2 hour trade if you fancy it?

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 06:32:53 PM »

I've got a whites DFX if someone wants to give it a try (good thread , good idea.)   Also could be handy if we've got any new starters on here that have joined but are yet to buy a machine. Rather than miss the rally they could borrow a detector.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 06:34:29 PM »

I would like to try a Whites matrix M6

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
waltonbasinman
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 06:35:47 PM »

I would love to try an Explorer Se Pro for an hour.
Junkman

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 06:36:13 PM »

I like the idea of letting a Newbie try the hobby. My C Scope R1 is a much under estimated detector but once set up is soooo east to use. I often let non Detectorists have a go with it just to see what the hobby is all about.

Neil, I've never used an Explorer so a few hours swopping would be good Cool

One man on a mission to find and record the history of our great nations last 60 years of discarded,useless metallic Junk. So far i'm doing really really well.
zorro
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 06:37:05 PM »

great idea mate especially if some is thinking of changing/ upgrading their detctor. I think it would have to be an agreement between the people involved though. as long as there is no responsibility of DW Admin/or rally organisers i cant see how anyone clould object.
to be honest any half decent person who damaged someone elses property would insist on paying to make good i would have thought.
think you hit onto a great idea...you may be inundated now junkman  Wink
Junkman

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 06:47:10 PM »

To make it work well, it best if you 'buddy up' with the person you have lent the machine 2 as you detect together and exchange info, plus it build the confidence between the 2 people. Not that i'm thinking of it getting nicked but in case someone just forgets to give it back, chucks it in the car and then you find your machine is now in some other part of the country.

My Trident 2 is a lovely machine. Tesoro built, no gimmicks, no poxy screen. Just superb electronics and a superbly lighweight package.

Sexy Legs (Leighton)

Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett Ace 150

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 06:58:00 PM »

What a great and generous idea! I'll be looking for a new detector some time this year, so would be very interested in giving someone's spare a test drive.

Rob, I'd like to try your Whites DFX, if I may. You can use my Ace if you want, lol. Wink

Sexy Legs (Leighton)

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 09:14:37 PM »

I would also love to try an Explorer and others at future rallies if anybody's interested.

Smiley

KANE (DES)

RARE,FID

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 09:23:09 PM »

hi would love to try an MTX.
 DES
Junkman

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 09:28:13 PM »

Well people can try a T2 - C Scope R1 - Laser Trident 2 from me and i'll use anything on offer Grin

Sexy Legs (Leighton)

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 09:30:04 PM »

Put me down for a go with the T2, mate. My Ace in return? Wink

Junkman

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 09:35:07 PM »

Put me down for a go with the T2, mate. My Ace in return? Wink

You should have asked at the Chepstow Rally. I was the bloke with the Audi sat chatting to you at lunch Grin Grin

The T2 was in the car as I used my Trident 2 in the second half Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal