Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: DetectingWales.com rally Number Fourteen - Chepstow - Feb 21st 2010  (Read 17613 times)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2010, 03:47:37 PM »

just hope this never happens again then Undecided for the rest of the true DETECTINGWALES.COM MEMBERS.
proconsul
Proconsul

« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2010, 03:50:47 PM »

Thanks for everyone's concern about the 'non payers'. I've had a word with Rob and the head count he did matched the number who paid. So the 'non-payers' probably caught up with me at a later stage to pay their share. But it's nice to know people care.

With a bit of luck Neil will be at the next rally and we'll get back to ticking people off the list as we normally do.

Geoff
Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2010, 03:52:17 PM »

Well despite the odds being stacked against me from the start (i couldn't find the site, what chance did i have of finding stuff under the field if i couldn't even find the field Lol Grin )
I had a nice day out, met some new people who i'm embarrassed to say i don't know who they all were Embarrassed Perhaps we should have an updated mugshots?
Despite finding little to nothing (luck abandoned me yesterday) it was a lovely site with stunning views, Thanks Rob.
I got to see some lovely finds, well done all.

If its true that some people never paid, then shame on you Angry I'm a great believer in Carma, rest assured your just deserts will seek you out.

All I'll say is, just because they never paid when observed, they may have paid later? i guess we'll never know for sure.

Perhaps Geoff could issue a Number on a bit of Card, say 5" square when you pay, to be pinned to you whilst you detect, that should be visible to all that you've paid, You could write your DW handle on it too, so we all know who were talking to in the field? i know we get a little sticker, but they fall off, i stuck mine straight on my flask with the others anyway.
Salty

Never Mistake my Kindness for Weakness

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2010, 03:56:42 PM »

I posted the above whilst Geoff posted his so ignore any non relevant bits
salty Wink

handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2010, 03:57:23 PM »

LOL Karl

i just got an image of you walking round a field with a flask around your neck

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Debbie

« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2010, 04:01:29 PM »

Handyman - I'm suprised Salty doesn't do that now - have you seen how much gear he has strapped around his body   Grin Grin  The flask must be the only thing he doesn't carry around  Cheesy

Salty - just leave room on your shoulders to carry Brew when he gets tired  Wink
Deb Wink

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2010, 04:10:57 PM »

It never hurts to be prepared Deb Grin, Though i think its time to stop carrying two extra battery packs when i get 14 hours out of the one in my E-trac Embarrassed I think i must be a bit paranoid about getting caught short  Wink Smiley

I forgot, Yes i have bought a new little flask to take with me too Grin i just forgot it Sunday Wink

Debbie

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2010, 04:15:49 PM »

I also get over a day on one charge - are you using the original pack and charger that came with the e-trac Karl ?
waltonbasinman
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2010, 04:28:29 PM »

Well done to everyone on another productive day. Some more nice hammered and and artefacts. My favorite is the little pendant with the cross and the swirl decor. Very nice. Took the decision at 07.30 on Sunday not to travel as we had a few inches of Snow and then it had froze on top. Forecast was Snow showers and though I knew the detecting area was OK I did not know how my jouney would pan out there and back. As it was it was the wrong decision as the Sun was out at 09.30 and it was all gone by lunch time. Spent the rest of the day cheesed off but hey maybe next time. Just had to many awful Snow trips this year where half hour drives have turned into 4 HOUR grinds. Hate the site of the stuff now. Any way well done all on a good day out and well done Rob on acquiring the farm.

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2010, 04:36:02 PM »

I also get over a day on one charge - are you using the original pack and charger that came with the e-trac Karl ?

No Debs, I use these they last forever, I keep the OEM pack for best  Grin

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fast-Charger-for-8-AA-AAA-batteries-8-x-AA2900mah_W0QQitemZ220343550931QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ConsumerElectronics_Batteries_SM?hash=item334d7fc3d3

You get 8 2900mA NiMh batteries included and you can charge from the car if your stuck (told you i was paranoid Wink )
I've recommended these to a few people now, were all very happy with them Smiley

Salty Smiley

Legacy Hunter
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2010, 04:38:15 PM »

Hi Debbie
How is the lady who cut her head? Alright now I hope. When I brought over my first aid kit I was just trying to help. In case there was something there that was useful. Such as a sterilised pad as you was holding tissues on I thought the pad would be alright but the man that was there said that he knew what he was doing?
Just trying to help.Again hope she is Ok.

Debs
Legacy Hunter
« Reply #56 on: February 22, 2010, 04:45:07 PM »

Hi
Tinman Paul I know KIwi was only joking so was I lol Grin what I say is if people dont like me talking tough walk away Huh Roll Eyes it dont bother me I like to talk lol  Cheesy Wink
debs
Debbie

« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2010, 04:47:25 PM »

Hi Debs
Tyna is fine - thanks for offering the first aid kit.  I think I was in as much shock as Tyna was - I may not have been very coherent to you - my apologies  Cheesy  Steve is highly qualified in all things medical, so I had no worries at all in what he was doing.  Infact, I was sooooooooooo happy he was there.  The bleeding had stopped by the time we left in the afternoon.  Walking around took her mind of it (lierally  Cheesy) and she felt much better.
Thanks again for your offer. Smiley
Debbie
Junkman

« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2010, 04:48:19 PM »

Shouldn't this thread be moved into Rally Reports?

Teknetics T2 - C Scope R1 - Laser Trident 2 - Pinpoint Probe - Spade - Wellies
One man on a mission to find and record the history of our great nations last 60 years of discarded,useless metallic Junk. So far i'm doing really really well.
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2010, 05:11:35 PM »

thakns for the rally yesterday, had a really good time,,didnt find much but it was fun aand the weather wernt bad either as for the people not paying i put my sticker on my se stem{was going to say shaft but sounds dodgy} the guy i came with got his sticker but i noticed half way through that it had fallen off his jacket so why not put the stickers on your stems,,half the time we are looking at whos got what so seems a good visable place to put it............thanks once again really good day when is the next 1 day rally,,,,,,,,,see you there. Smiley

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete