Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: DetectingWales.com rally Number Fourteen - Chepstow - Feb 21st 2010  (Read 17620 times)
Junkman

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 11:40:26 AM »

Well i have to say, i'm just shocked to find that people didn't pay. It's £6 for a days detecting, organised on yours/our behalf by people who go to a lot of time and effort to make this happen- Shameful, really shameful Sad Sad Sad

It makes you wonder what did happen to that lost pin point probe at the last rally if people really are that dishonest??

Why not have coloured tie on tags stamped with the rally date and given out and tied to a machine after paying. Anyone without a tag would soon stand out on the field??

Teknetics T2 - C Scope R1 - Laser Trident 2 - Pinpoint Probe - Spade - Wellies
One man on a mission to find and record the history of our great nations last 60 years of discarded,useless metallic Junk. So far i'm doing really really well.
Sexy Legs (Leighton)

Minelab X-Terra 705, Garrett Ace 150

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 11:42:22 AM »

Thanks, Geoff and Rob, for a great day, buds.

With regards to the non-payers. I think it'll be impossible to do much on this occassion because Geoff didn't actually have a sign-up sheet on him, so there's no written record.  Embarrassed

Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2010, 11:57:48 AM »

Just wondering if anyone had any probs with their machines yesterday. I found the T2 very erratic now and again sounded like a geiger counter at times. Looked around to see if there was any body close but there was no one. So saying that im wondering what is the best to alter, disc or sense on the SE i always go with the iron mask virtually fully open and reduce the sense, with the T2 however im not so sure because the T2 goes below iron, so yesterday my settings were to start off, disc 5 sense 82, 2+ tones. But when it became erratic ended up with disc 20, sense 70, 2+ tones. Just curious if any what settings other T2 users were using yesterday.
Junkman

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 12:10:29 PM »

Just wondering if anyone had any probs with their machines yesterday. I found the T2 very erratic now and again sounded like a geiger counter at times. Looked around to see if there was any body close but there was no one. So saying that im wondering what is the best to alter, disc or sense on the SE i always go with the iron mask virtually fully open and reduce the sense, with the T2 however im not so sure because the T2 goes below iron, so yesterday my settings were to start off, disc 5 sense 82, 2+ tones. But when it became erratic ended up with disc 20, sense 70, 2+ tones. Just curious if any what settings other T2 users were using yesterday.

Yep, it was the powerlines running across the site. Makes the machine 'chatter'. Funnily enough, powerlines don't normally affect mine but they did yesterday. Sensitivity at 82 is very high and would exaccaerbate the problem.
On mine I was using disrim of 6, sentivity 70 and 2+. When it chattered I turned the sensitivity down to 60 and it quietened down.

Teknetics T2 - C Scope R1 - Laser Trident 2 - Pinpoint Probe - Spade - Wellies
One man on a mission to find and record the history of our great nations last 60 years of discarded,useless metallic Junk. So far i'm doing really really well.
Tinman (paul/Lisa)

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 12:25:51 PM »

ahhh cheers junkman, that explains a lot, i noticed the power lines but they never affected me before. As long as its not the machine im happy
outlaw

Chairman Brecon MDC ( since 2013 )

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2010, 12:39:39 PM »

I would like to say thankyou as well, found a very unusual looking coin might be roman / or token plus early sixpence and usual odd pieces of artefacts.

Very friendly day, good to meet usernames and their real faces !

The view from where the gold coin was found was fantastic, might have been a building there Huh very unusual square enclosure of hedgerows?

Tinman Paul, my se also was very noisy near the bottom half of the field with power lines turned sensitivity right down and adjusted noise.

Enjoyed the day and it was my first DW rally thankyou  Grin
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2010, 02:55:24 PM »

HI ALL.
great right up geoff.carefull now or you.ll be haveing neils job.lol.
great ralley everyone.
i found 3 coins in 3 minutes and that was it really for me.yet i did manage to find a piece of a spindal wherl later on in the afternoon.
possibly roman or medievel.
thanks for a great day all.
thanks to tafflaff for finding the land.
thanks to geoff and neil.
for detectingwales.
ray

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
Legacy Hunter
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2010, 03:06:50 PM »

Hi all
Had a great day yesterday thanks to rob for finding the land and also to Geoff and Neil for organising these rally
SHAME on the people who did not pay it is just £6 sure they can afford that if they can afford the price of a detector then they can afford to pay the £6 entry fee,
Maybe a coloured tag or arm band or something could be given out to put on the machines wrist or arm would be good? As my sticker kept falling of my fleece jacket so i had to put it on my jumper inside my jacket and fasten it up to hold it in place. But it was there if anyone wanted to see it.
Geoff you must remember me paying I paid for two me and ozzyheadsteve I had a very becoming pale blue wooly hat on I looked like a right (Blue) tit head lol if I knew who had not paid I would tell on them it is not fair on the genuine people on this site
debs
Legacy Hunter
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2010, 03:08:35 PM »

Neil & Geoff
If you want a hand collecting money etc I am willing to turn up early and help out if you want at the rallies as long as I am going pm if you want
Debs
sodbuster
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2010, 03:20:07 PM »

Thanks for the excellent report and photo's, Its good to see some brilliant finds . I was stuck in the house watching the snow getting deeper and deeper ! 
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2010, 03:26:27 PM »

not being funny but others have been banned on here for less Roll Eyes
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2010, 03:29:01 PM »

one would need to identify those involved first - than and only then can a decision be taken as to what to do next.

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2010, 03:32:10 PM »

well thats true ALAN, but these folks were seen not to pay Huh Huh Huh Huh
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2010, 03:37:47 PM »

being seen is one thing, but knowing their names, or DW handles is another.

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
detectordave

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2010, 03:39:55 PM »

It only takes one rotten apple to spoil the barrel

IF AT FIRST YOU DONT SUCCEED DO IT THE WAY THE WIFE TOLD YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal