Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Caerleon-1st pics.  (Read 6161 times)
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« on: October 04, 2009, 03:34:04 PM »

Got to the Rally about 9am & met a few members before heading over to the test bed set up by TaffLaff.Had the usual meet about available land etc.
finds seemed thin on the ground to begin with but after a couple of hours news started filtering through about Hammered & roman being found,not seen the Hammies yet,so hopefully they`ll be pics later.
Me & Phil(Flipper) spent most of the time chatting & generally having a laugh & taking advice from Trigger(thanks Trig) so our finds suffered ! (enough said)
Met up with a newbie (Rambo) nice to meet you bud ! & just after showing me,phil & robo a button he found,Passinclod,using the same machine as Rambo called him over  Huh,Rambo strolled over & their Garrett 250`s clashed  Undecided,so Rambo turned his machine off & continued to advice Passingclod  Smiley.After a couple of minutes Rambo passed us detecting on his merry way.About 20mins later we heard a cry from Rambo "oh(expletive removed)hell ! Huh Thinking he`d found the "Big one" i shouted over "What you got bud?" to which he replied "i bin Bl**dy detecting for the last arf hour with the Bl**dy thing turned off ! Shocked  Cheesy  Grin Well,the rest of us around just cracked up & fell about laughing for the next 10mins. Funny ol`game init !  Grin  Cheesy

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 03:35:34 PM »

More pics

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 03:36:32 PM »

& the Roman,found by Barry.

DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 03:40:32 PM »

NICE REPORT STIGGY ,,, GOOD TO SEE A FEW BITS WERE AT LEAST FOUND   PROB BE MORE ON LATER    Grin Grin Grin   FLIPPER   WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BARNET  MATE   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink Wink
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 09:17:13 PM by DIGGA » Logged

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 04:03:13 PM »

My Meagre finds for the day after a clean,not really sure what they are?Apart from the top one being a penny.  Sad  But still a great day ! Thanks D.W.  Wink
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 04:19:17 PM by Stig(Mick) » Logged

mel

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 04:22:08 PM »

My finds consist of a spindle whorl and a roman grot. never the less a enjoyable day out meeting people n chatting ect.
thanks again DW.        thanks stigs wife for the rock cake.
robson (chris)

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 04:41:21 PM »

Grin  did any one else try detecting with there machine off  Grin Grin  Roll Eyes
zorro
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 04:51:10 PM »

my best find of the day was on the way back to the car. knackered walking up the hill then i suddenly caught sight of silver !!!!!!
My ROCK CAKE  Shocked  (wrapped in foil sitting on the back of the car)
you have no idea how good that tasted with a cuppa after a long days walk.
stig, thank Mrs stig for me. that was the best rock cake i've ever had.
told my wife........can she have the recipe  Wink
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 05:39:54 PM »

Great day nice to speak to so many people, only found a penny , such bad condition , all i know is the head is facing left ?
 Thanks to Rob , Geoff and Neil

I asked about a new mahine, everyone's got their own opinion , now my heads cooked     lol

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 05:49:29 PM »

stig

a huge thank you for the rock cake. me and mrs h were gobsmacked at the generosity and even more gobsmacked at the  lipquenching, rooftingling, smooth tasting cake.

we eventually got back home after 130 mile journey, at 6pm -- not bad considering we left at 330 and stopped for a meal!!

thanks to all for making the event a typical warm welsh welcoming one. thanks to the llanelli crew for putting up with the exiled Jack!

...and above all, thanks tafflaff, neil and geoff. look fwd to seeing u all on the fields again  in the near future.

cheers

mr and mrs handyman

oops forgot to mention dai [mole] and his helpfulness yet agin. thx mate!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 06:00:51 PM by handyman [Alan} » Logged

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Terry

I WANT TO FIND MORE PULL TABS

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 05:53:57 PM »

It was nice to meet the two of you,  did i hear JACK'S   Ahhhhhh Grin Grin
Terry
Terry

I WANT TO FIND MORE PULL TABS

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2009, 06:27:30 PM »

I didn't detect with MD off,  But I done something just as daft,   When I was leaving with Taff, I closed the gates and i was still in the field and climed over,  what a dummy,  it made Taff laugh Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
cardiff bats (Paul)

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 06:41:09 PM »

Thanks all for a great day and to Chef in particular for the loan of a new set of head phones whilst he fixed my busted ones!! Top bloke Grin Grin Grin
Found a coin with no id left on it, one button and a twenty pence peice that had been through the insides of cow twice!!. Cheesy Cheesy Also found my first fired musket ball and another "thingy ma jig" which i will post a pic of later. Also nice to meet a fellow blackcountry man and fellow wolves fan....must invite more english men to the forum Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Anyway thanks mostly to Rob for the land and Neil & Geoff for their continued hard work. Top day out again. Grin

Civility costs nothing....Excellence even less
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2009, 08:15:12 PM »

My Meagre finds for the day after a clean,not really sure what they are?Apart from the top one being a penny.  Sad  But still a great day ! Thanks D.W.  Wink

Well done stig - I didn't even have a coin.

The larger coin is a Parys Mines token, like this:

http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=14145&cat=86
Beefy (GARETH)

WHERES DA BEEF

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 08:27:48 PM »

Hi all nice finds well the ones thats on year anyway................ Grin Grin Grin Grin  AStig would you like a job taking pics all day you done a great job today taking the pics well done................ Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal