Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: which metal detectors manufactures offer the best after sales service!!!  (Read 1668 times)
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« on: June 14, 2009, 11:20:17 AM »

Over the years I owned numerous machines from the likes of c- scope whites garrett laser minelab xp pulsepak fisher etc, fortunately I have,nt had cause to return machines for repairs that often !!!   I found personally whites offered an outstanding service and are very approachable  c- scope are not far behind  the worst of the lot was minelab after  experienceing some problems with my minelab sovereign and the battery door cover which did,nt close properlyall the time Angry I decided to contact minelab in Ireland when I explained the problem I was having they muttered something about a design problem  Huh Huh I solved it myself not long after got rid of it Grin Grin mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
zorro
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 01:55:47 PM »

mole i've recently had my Sovereign serviced and have to say they were great. Des couldn't have been nicer.
for after service ask uk brian, he told me that in the U.S.A tesoro's come with a lifetime guarantee  parts and labour for as long as you own the machine......no other dealer does that to my knowledge. unfortunatley that doesnt apply to tesoro's in the U.K.  Angry
dazipoo
Rally attendee

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 08:33:01 PM »

I once owned a minelab sov elite, great machine for beach work but after a while it developed a fault with one of the toggle switches.
I contacted minelab and spoke to Des and was pleased to hear him say that minelab would repair my machine "gratis" free of charge. Well i sent the machine out and on at a later date i recieved a phone call from minelab saying that the repair has been done and could i settle the bill of £78 before it was dispatched back to me. I was greatly unimpressed and gob smacked with this complete uturn from free to being billed and since then  i no longer own a minelab and never will again. Angry
KenKelowna

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 02:34:32 AM »

Not sure about the UK.
But here in Canada and the USA, it has to be Tesoro.
Lifetime warranty and they stand by it always.

Tesoro Gold Star Dealer.

I not only sell Tesoro, I use them.
U.K. Brian

Pulse's,XP's,Nautilus's,T2,Whites,Minelab etc

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 07:49:20 AM »

I had problems for many years with Minelab dealers but since Minelab themselves came to Ireland excellent service....even free parts !

Whites in the old days would repair my detectors for free without quibble even when out of warranty. Unfortunately after George stepped down I did have a few problems the worst of which was a DFX with a warped coil. They considered it did not affect performance but it did and even the coil cover would not stay on. Eventually they did supply a new coil but tried to reduce the two year warranty to six months. I had to go directly to Whites in the U.S. to get that sorted.

C-Scope are known to have gone way beyond their warranty obligations in the past so to me seem very good.

Troy (Shadow X3 and 5) though no longer producing detectors (that could be about to change), has a repair/service at a fixed price, £65/£69 ? which is very good. Some manufactures charge around £250 for a circuit board replacement.

Tesoro does have a lifetime warranty even in the U.K.  You have to post the detector back to the U.S.

Detector Pro  (Headhunter pulse and VLF's) have repaired an out of warranty machine's for free. No U.K. repair facilities so you have to pay the postage over to America.

So really not to bad though its annoying to unback a new machine and find that the lifetime or five year warranty has been changed by the U.K. dealer to one or two years even though we pay some of the the highest prices in the world.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal