Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: whats it worth??????  (Read 3322 times)
welshdigger

« on: July 25, 2012, 10:17:23 AM »

so i been offered a deal on my gun with a garrett at pro....but heres the catch.
its unknown age, been somehow driven over , got no lower stem , got no coil,  and i havent got my old 9x12 coil to test the detector?  :-(

what would you guys say is a decent price for this?
they 380quid new on ebay from usa but then theres delivery fees and import taxes pay also?

minelab etrac newbie
garrett pro pointer
lil yellow shovel
4 pack of red bull
 http://s1124.photobucket.com/profile/welshdigger1
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 11:22:00 AM »

it will cost around £150 - £200 just for the replacement coil and stem and you dont even now if its a runner , dont waste your time on it unless you can borrow a coil to test it first , if its ok i would say around £150 would be a fair price

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
hoover-G

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 11:36:56 AM »

it will cost around £150 - £200 just for the replacement coil and stem and you dont even now if its a runner , dont waste your time on it unless you can borrow a coil to test it first , if its ok i would say around £150 would be a fair price
Its from a mate of mine mike. its 4months since new and been out on the field twice. He brought 2 pro,s for him and his wife but she got turned off detecting after 2 outings. On his machine his buddy reversed over his machine and bust the coil and lower part off stem but the middle part and unit is still in mint condition. He,s kept 1 machine for himself with coil etc for using but the 1 with no coil and lower part off stem is available for sale or swap. He wouldnt sell it to anyone if he knew it didnt work and i can certainly bk him up on that u dam well no im not tha kind off person. Thought i,d do this guy a faver by passing details on from my mate and said he would need a coil to have a full machine ive just ordered a lower stem myself of ebay so no need for that now.  Wink
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 11:47:07 AM »

hmmmm I think around the 200-250 would be more reasonable

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 12:00:40 PM »

The going price for a second hand AT-Pro is around the £400 mark, now bearing in mind you will have to pay £120 for a new coil then around £280 to £300.
superten67
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 03:51:56 PM »

ask him if he wants to swap it for a brand new compressor and sandblasting box?
sealey?or a set of motorbike race leathers worth a lot more than the pro id like one as a second detector.
superten67@live.co.uk
superten67
Rally attendee

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2012, 03:57:19 PM »

The going price for a second hand AT-Pro is around the £400 mark, now bearing in mind you will have to pay £120 for a new coil then around £280 to £300.

also i looked into that myself you can calculate what you'll pay on the vat website its getting on for 200 on top with vat and import tax and the a month to 6 weeks wait for any warranty repairs as it will obviously go back to the us for that.
so all in all not worth the bother as it wont even be the international one itll be the yank.
hoover-G

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 06:36:39 PM »

also i looked into that myself you can calculate what you'll pay on the vat website its getting on for 200 on top with vat and import tax and the a month to 6 weeks wait for any warranty repairs as it will obviously go back to the us for that.
so all in all not worth the bother as it wont even be the international one itll be the yank.
ahh so I see you can tell its not even a international whenyou havnt seen it. It is a international so please could you keep your comments like that to yourself unless you have seen the machine and know the person selling it. Thanks
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 06:58:27 PM »

I think your getting confused hooverg.....I think superten is implying importation from america is not worth while...am I right?

hoover-G

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 07:23:18 PM »

I think your getting confused hooverg.....I think superten is implying importation from america is not worth while...am I right?
I,m not confused mate and i quote....

welshdigger has asked what would be a fair price as it stands my opinion i,d say around 250ish or if you can wait for a wk or so then a new coil will go on it and it will be sold for around 400ish
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 07:33:13 PM by hoover-G » Logged
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »

yes the one importing from the USA Wink

hoover-G

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2012, 07:38:37 PM »

yes the one importing from the USA Wink
Yes i see that mate but it wasnt what i was quoting on. I wouldnt bother as it would prob not be the international instead the yank which is pointing to the machine thats being talked about. It doesnt matter anyway nob wk or so when the new coil comes it will be sold for around 400 easy.  Wink
welshdigger

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 11:58:14 PM »

good luck getting a coil for 100 quid from uk (unless its 2nd hand )
then if you decide to get a coil from usa be prepared to wait a good 3 weeks delivery and have your checkbook ready to pay the import taxes to the delivery driver ;-)

minelab etrac newbie
garrett pro pointer
lil yellow shovel
4 pack of red bull
 http://s1124.photobucket.com/profile/welshdigger1
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 12:34:40 AM »

Detecnicks have the coils for £120.

Pages: [1]
  Print