Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ludlow rally 3 observations  (Read 1008 times)
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« on: August 15, 2010, 08:27:14 PM »

Hi everyone,

i noticed 3 things today which i feel need to be brought to peoples attention.

1. Well done on filling in the holes so well, it was good to see everything almost perfect. The downside was that there were a few detectorists who chose to leave the find in the hole [mostly .22 cartridges], rather than take it off the field and place it in the scrap box.  The majority of detectorists did as asked and we thank you for that.

2. i came across 2 holes with the recovered object left to onesside on the field. Now admittedly they were only 2 holes .. but the principle of discarding waste onto the ground surface does have the potential to cause the livestock harm and potentially the farmer an unnecessary vets bill. So please take your rubbish off the field. 

Regretfully 1 clod had a very large metal object sticking upright through it ... as if the person who dug it out had left it there for someone else to remove. It doesn't bear thinking about the effect it may have had ont he unfortunate animal that could have walked on it. Luckily we came across it and removed it.

3. Several members of DW who had some good finds. didn't have the necessary GPS system to record the find spot to a relevant degree of accuracy.  Modern phones allow you to download suitable apps re location.  I personally feel that we owe it to the heritage of our country to record the find spot as accurately as possible.

Other than that,  was very pleased with the vast number of finds recorded. A huge thank you to you all for that. Good to meet many new members of DW.

Hope you all had a good journey home.

`

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal