Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad back  (Read 2360 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: March 24, 2016, 08:37:52 PM »

Anyone ever visited a chiropractor? Are they any good; or is just a load of old Mumbo-Jumbo?

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Richie sixpence

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 11:18:58 AM »

I believe their is a very good one based on the Wirral a friend of mine suffered badly with sciatica after a visit he was cured. It is a couple of years back though Chris.
I hope your back is better soon Chris I hope its nothing to do with the weight of the Safari.

All the best Richie

All the best Richie sixpence Wink

"All that glitters is not gold" but hopefully!!!
Garrett AT Pro
C Scope CS4pi
Garrett Ace 150
Garrett Pro Pointer
And hopefully a lot of good luck
Member of, NCMD
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 06:48:44 PM »

Hi ya Chris, fortunately (fingers crossed) I haven't so far needed the services of a chiropractor.. BUT,unfortunately she who must be obeyed !! Had cause to visit one over a year ago,with remarkable results,she was suffering with a re occuring back problem,he went for three or four sessions and that was the end of taking daily pain killers,yes,sometimes she gets a bit of an ache!! But I would say it was worth every penny,
Go and get an appointment, normally the practice will give you an appraisal of what and how much and for how long.
Mind you Chris,I'm finding that as I get on a bit further down the track,I get more backache than I used to,and I am going to have to find a far lighter machine than the SOVEREIGN GT,as much as enjoy using it.
Good luck Chris, keep me posted on how you get on.👍
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 09:30:44 PM by dingdong » Logged
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 08:04:33 PM »

I retired early as a paramedic 16 years ago, with back problems mainly due to lifting in awkward situations ( occupational hazard) so I've been through the mill with treatments . You asked is chiropractic treatment Mumbo jumbo? No it works for some, first time though most are happy to let you have many treatments (exspensive obviously) I will say it can be qiite vigorous manipulation and on this note the wife fell of the bottom of a slide jarred back eventually went to a chiropractor had several treatments but eventually needed a scan and found out she had a protruding disc and should not have had the treatment !! Also a long term friend had similar injury had treatment and the treatment exasperated the injury to the extent it broke of a piece of the disc.....ended up with operation and metal work in back, struggles now unfortunately. I'm not trying to scare you just seek a good chiropractor especially if you get sciatic pain ?? In my experiance the best thing is to be supple so good regular back exercise really help and of course regular walking with gentle bending and no heavy lifting I find metal detecting really works for me lo l...... Wink Wink Wink hope you get on OK Chris.
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 08:55:05 PM »

Thanks for the replies folks. I think that too much beach detecting has aggravated an old industrial injury and induced some muscular inflammation in my lower back. I did call in on a local practitioner and he said he charges £35 a session.

I am thinking of seeing my local gp and requesting a scan to ensure there are no underlying complications that would be aggravated by seeing chiropractor.

Still swinging though Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal