Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Austerity policy strikes again  (Read 1899 times)
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« on: January 06, 2016, 05:07:56 PM »

With less funding coming into the local councils it seems that the museum structures are coming under threat.

The story that Swansea museum survival [and others across Wales?], is now undergoing a consultation process, and i urge everyone to contribute to the consultation mechanism.

After all, the reaility of disposing of local collections through has already been tried ... [Northampton conservative council, sold off an egyptian mummy for £15m .. around which half went to the family that donated it!].

You can read more on the story here and please feel free to make your views known.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/wales-oldest-museum-threatened-council-10694157

As a Swansea lad, its a museum i always visit everytime i,m in town .... i,d hate to see it close.

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 09:33:51 PM »

Yes Alan,it is a very sad state of affairs!! to say the least !!
Is there anyway WE ALL could get a petition to sound off how we(ALL DETECTORISTS) feel about ANY threat of closure.
Could it be possible to "sound out" other forums,after all these cut backs are eventually going to effect every museum in the land !!
Surely, its in EVERYBODY'S interest to do something !! Huh
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 10:03:13 PM »

Unfortunately not enough people think like us. To the majority the past is the past and has no bearing on today so why bother with it.  The attitude of most is that we can do without archaic buildings full of old rusty junk. Same with Art Galleries and Libraries.  In the not too distant future they'll all be gone.
Maybe they'll come up with an amalgamation idea. It could work.  Always cheaper to cook for two than one.

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Radnor Bandit (Ian)

Keep banging them rocks together

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 11:49:37 AM »

How true Val, as some of you may know my other half is a librarian and I get to hear some very disturbing ideas coming out of the goverment.
Apparently Gideon's mantra seems to be that all services must be self funding, Watch your local press for some of the crazy ideas councils are having to make to get their communial spaces pay. (But never a mention that the mega business tax avoiders have to pay their share!)

And a happy new year to you all

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal