Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: beach rallies  (Read 6533 times)
silverhand

but it was there a minute ago

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2010, 09:30:09 PM »

me and the forest detectors are up for this sounds great

hammerd this year 0
hammerd last year 1

overall targets looks like i need to find more hammerd coins
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2010, 07:17:40 AM »

some beaches are owned by the council Val,  some councils up north do charge for a licence for their beaches,  but down here they don't bother, their free,
 the main beach at porthcawl is free,  but the ones eirther side of it are owned by the trust,  same at Barry.
 If you go back and look on their site,  they tell / show you what beaches you need them for,
 i think they only started it  to see how many are out there detecting on them  so's to think about getting a paid one if enough responded .

Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2010, 07:32:04 AM »

This is the trophy i won at the Aberavon beach ralley.  run by the N.C.M.D.  it was for the oldest coin found,  mine was a bullhead shilling that i found in the side of a deap wheel rut made by a very large truck or digger,

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2010, 07:54:14 AM »

Hi Al

Thanks for the info. I'm glad I didn't dig into it any further, it can be a minefield by the sound of it. As far as the top end of the beaches down here are concerned I can see that a long stretch from Amroth to Laugharne are s'posed to be a no go area. I assume this is MOD teritory but I know no one seems to take much notice, except at Pendine (there is a minefield still marked there Shocked)
I've found a fantastic area with the remains of a big pre 1800 country house and WW11 camp remains but Hubby has banned me from going >:(It is MOD land and used sometimes for practice and introducing cadets to the wild side. I'm sure I could sneak in and find some nice stuff but what can you do eh. Praps I'm better off on the beach, I can't get into much trouble there can I  Roll Eyes

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2010, 07:57:36 AM »

Al, by the way, what a fantastic trophy, well done. I've got a lead weight that would win every trophy going, I didn't know they came that big Shocked

PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2010, 09:18:42 AM »

The Crown Estate used to charge £15 for a beach permit and that was per beach  Shocked Shocked  and you couldnt dig deeper than 12 inchs, (that about kids digging holes wider and deeper than the Grand Canyon)
I feel its only metal detectorists have to abide by the law, is there a law against Youths lighting fires and leaving cans and broken bottles and full condome,s on the beach Huh, and what about dog mess in the winter months ? Newton Beach Porthcawl is the worst beach ive seen for Dog poo.

I think when the Crown see,s how many people detect on the beach and have names and address,s we could be looking at paying for the licence again ;0(
Ive held the free licence for 2 years but im not renewing as a matter of principal.

Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2010, 12:38:08 PM »

I think thats probably a good idea Phil. They've only got to get a hint of another way to get some money off us and they're on it like terriers after a rat. Look at the fishing licences. I wouldn't mind if you could come home with a good meal but with course fishing you put em all back.
Lets hope a lot of detectorists read this and do the same.

Val

PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 10:52:06 PM »

Hi Val

I think they scrapped the £15 per beach fee because hardly anyone took any notice and just went on the beaches anyway (like me)
But when they became free the Crown must have kicked themselves when they seen how many applied.

Well if they want to charge again they still wont get a penny from me , i might even send them a bill for my work clearing theyre beachs of Metallic debris lol

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal