Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: like finding half A worm in the apple your eating  (Read 1699 times)
congerman
Superhero Member

« on: January 05, 2014, 01:24:00 AM »

tide no 1
well as the title says  Huh I managed to get out onto some marks we have been waiting to get onto on the big tides  myself and geoff (eddiethefly) we went  over them on the last sets of big tides me with my sovereign elite and Geoff with his ctx 3030 we pulled A few vicy coins from there but we knew there were loads still down there but a lot deeper  so with the batteries fully charged in the headlamps and detectors we were on the beach by 630 pm Friday night Geoff had his ctx 3030 and I had my whites surf dual field pi I have been spending loads of time using the machine to get to know the settings and signals and been doing ok so off we go I took my evolution sand scoop and geoff opted for A spade got out there and onto the mark either end of the low spot around 200 yrds long I was hitting signals straight away but they were deep I was digging down x3 scoops through the sand then hitting stones and couldn't get the scoop through  I was well pi- - - ed of every signal was the same after leaving about 10  good signals(45 mins) I made my way over to Geoff to se how he was doing and he was doing the same but he was struggling with using  the spade as the wet  sand was running in and the tide was starting to flood we both agreed it needed some rough weather to move some more sand off
tide no 2
change of beach to another mark that's only accessible on very big tides same weapons as the night before this mark is A new one for us both got down to the beach at 7pm same thing as last night split up to cover more area could not believe it got out to the spot and it was just A massive area of stones rocks around 50 yrd patches  and scrap iron lied around  everywhere stood there thinking Roll Eyes why didn't I bring my sovereign elite and spade  but not to be outdone I was  finding sand and clay patches and  picking my signal to dig but was struggling to get through with the scoop stayed out there for x1 hr nothing but x2 leads and x2 brass nuts ring pulls and parts of cans  but the tide pushed us of so I opted for A gully further up the beach and managed x6 fishing leads x2 fishing hooks A nokia mobile phone and the usual scrap so all was not wasted    
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 01:52:13 AM by congerman » Logged
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 07:21:28 AM »

A few finds then conger, il wait to see your gold next time Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal