Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Poll
Question: If u was out detecting with ur tecting bubby wood u sare even for a gold coin
yes over £50......£500 - 2 (8%)
yes over £500......£1000 - 1 (4%)
yes over £1000..... - 11 (44%)
no not at all - 3 (12%)
dont know not crossed that bridge - 8 (32%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wood you share  (Read 1943 times)
shunggav

« on: April 07, 2011, 11:04:42 PM »

I detect with a good friend of mine ade (adesace) we have spoke about this and agree over 1000 after farmers share we wood share it between us so wood you?

The chicken came first – God would look silly sitting on an egg...... if u like me add me on facebook........ gavin  warren
waltonbasinman
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 08:39:29 PM »

Good question Gav. To be honest unless it was something like the Stafford Hoard I am not in the hobby for financial reasons. I would rather keep the coin or artifact and borrow it to a museum for display. Treasure trove is to me a way for the accepted authorities to gain our hard earnt finds at knock down prices. But saying that I am a great believer of recording finds as it helps build a picture of local history. So to answer your question good sir. I would rather keep it than sell it and then display for all to see.
WeLsH Boi

Safari user FID member

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 11:29:55 PM »

Me and my detecting friend Daz got a deal that if we found anything worth money when we are out together we would split what was left after the landowner had his share. Not that we've found any thing that is. But if we were out alone then it's tough luck!
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 10:18:03 AM »

The accepted norm is that if you find a hoard or anything valuable (usually over £1000) then you share
with the landowner and detecting partner.

Not to sure what would happen if there was a few of you. Probably best to agree before the start but
probably you, the landowner and person who invited you to the field.

I'm with WBM in that I like to keep what I find and don;t do it for the money. If I did find a  really valuable coin
or artefact I would have a replica made and sell the original.

Yes, my stuff is insured but I like my finds to be on display and not locked up in the safe with the wife's
jewellery! 

I also agree with WBM in that the Treasure Trove Valuation committee are undervalueing, sometimes vastly,
treasure finds. It is supposed to be market value..............so why not put it into auction and museums can bid
like everyone else has too? !!!

There have been stories, locally, of disputes around finds causing frienships to fracture. So best to agree
before searching..........

Meatslicer

Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 12:21:26 PM »

I go alone mostly so I havent had this problem or really thought about it.

I have had rallies on land I have got for Cardiff Scan Club, and members have had some nice finds out which could be worth a bit of cash, but they found them and they own them as far as I am concerned.

I would prefer to let the farmer decide what he wants to do because I would want to keep the find rather than sell it.

I suppose if I found a treasure item I would just want to see it and visit it occasionally.

Eric

22 Roman  Coins
13 Hammered
4 Georgian Silver
4 Silver love tokens
8 Victorian  Silver
40 Victorian Copper
6 Edwardian Silver
7 George IV
4 George V
0 Gold Coins
1 iron age gold
9 Roman Brooches
4 Copper Knobs
30 Buckles
1 med dagger hilt
1 Roman Spoon
2x Silver Gilt Treasure items
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 05:21:20 PM »

The situation is a bit different when money is paid to detect upon land, such as a club rally or DW one.

Generally it is accepted that the landowner will only share if subject to Treasure Trove.

In all the years I have been to rallies, there was only one where I paid and the conditions were
that the farmer wanted to see all finds and have some benefit if required.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal