Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Linked Rallies
  • Attempt to blow up James 1st!: November 05, 2008

• Signups have closed
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 5th November  (Read 5981 times)
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: November 05, 2008, 04:22:30 PM »

Bonfire Night. Do we celebrate Guy's capture or his attempt to rid us of James 1st and the monarchy? I suppose it depends on your point of view!

"Remember, remember the 5th of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot
I see no reason why Gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot!"
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 04:30:09 PM by Neil » Logged

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
James

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 04:44:03 PM »

ill never forget the 5th of november because my mother wont let me!!!!!  Shocked because its her birthday! i suppose you can say she was born with a bang haha Grin

Not to brag but I get Hammered weekly! usually on a Friday night !!!
altinkum

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 04:54:03 PM »

pity someone dont blow up parliment now with this lot of limp wristed muppet's in power. but thinking about it no one would get hurt as their more than likely on holiday AGAIN

explorers, my arse
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 05:19:28 PM »

We got an empty House at the end of my garden  the people in the house door just dumped a load of wood in the empty Garden and set fire to it,
This is in a Garden 15 foot by 10  i told the firemen who set it alight Do you think they had a word with um did they hell.
I used to feel sorry for firemen .

BottyBurp (Kris)

To "Search and Protect"

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 06:04:26 PM »

I don't celebrate it!
Toooooo expensive.

PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE & SIGN THE GUESTBOOK.
H.M.D.C. Member
S.H.R.A.D.S Member
N.C.M.D. Member
www.freewebs.com/krisupfold
www.freewebs.com/hucclecotemetaldetectingclub
Charles Cater
Moderators permissions

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008, 11:28:31 AM »

I remember whaen I was a kid centuries ago I used to run errands for a halfpenny to buy some foreworks from the local shop.

The old girl knew me but always asked how old I was, whether she fancied me or no I was a bit miffed at being asked.

The home work for the housewife to support their income was to thread short pieces of string through a metal tag and then through the eye of a label.

A man from the local works woulld deliver 5 or 6 boxes to each house that wanted them and on a Friday I would trot 3 miles on my own - you could not do it now - to collect their "wages" depending how many box full they they threaded - one thousand labels to a box.

For that I received my reward which was enough to buy a few things each week, my favourite was Smith's broken crisps, those were the days I can tell you

A penny went a long way then, a quarter of an once of Tiger nuts and one liquorice stick was the order of the day as long as you did not tell anyone. It's funny, you would be surprised at the mates you had when money was around. Kiss

. My wife says I am the sort of guy that likes to live in the past and all she is interested in is the future, she might have something there.   Cheesy

Why don't I publish a book of bygone days, no thanks, I might earn a few bob without running errands.
Cheers for now

Say nought and you won't be controversial, or so they say?

http://detectoruser.co.uk

http://members.boardhost.com/Tom1/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal