Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just watching the news re: VOG housing sex offender with a family  (Read 2584 times)
hedgehog
« on: March 16, 2009, 10:11:42 PM »

It defies belief that they could place a sex offender with young children, even people who have never worked in social services would know that is a ridiculous risk to take. Poor parents they have to live with and deal with that for the rest of their lives and who knows how it is going to affect the young girls life.
When the father confronted the offender he kept saying "don't go on about it", I would have snapped at that point!
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 10:27:31 PM »

never mind him saying (dont go on about it !!!)   had it been one of my kids  he wouldent of been in any fit state to of said anything ,

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep
bymatt666 (byron)
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E.member

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 11:24:09 PM »

a terrible ordeal for that family.....who are these social workers that feel qualified to put someone with a family and not disclose his history to them..i hope they can live with themselves !!!

i'd give up chocolate....but i'm no quitter !
minelab explorer xs
NCMD member
Nick
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 11:42:21 PM »

I think it's absolutely disgraceful. I live in the VOG so it could be a family near me. I really feel for them.
DATA311(Alan)

THE BREAM MACHINE F.I.D.

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 11:46:33 PM »

I'm not trying to be racist or anything, but would'nt be fitting if this was a muslim country, they have punishments suitable for such crimes.  Angry Angry Angry

Nil illegitimi Carborundum
Al.Thepastfinder, ( Alan )
Superhero Member

Star of Radio, T.V. and now Youtube, lol.

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 07:51:39 AM »

geeze,  he must have thought it was his birthday and christmas all in one,  how the hell can this be allowed to happen in this day and age, ??
yet a few weeks ago i took my 4 year old  grandson to swimming lessons as usuall and walked him the the shallow end of the pool,
  he didn't seem well so i thought i'd sit with him just for a few mins till the instructor came so's i can tell him,
i had my back to the pool and facing the window where the parents watched, a woman instructor came up to me while i was crouched down talking to him and said i can't stay there i'd have to go outside,  so i explined i won't be long i want to tell Mel he's not well,
 you can't wait her she said,  after all,  there are young girls in the pool,  what!!!!!,  and she wanted me to take him outside where it was cold and wait  with only his trunks on, and he wasn't well.
instead of doing that, i took my time and went into slow motion while she stood hands on hips and stared from halfway down the pool, Mel came so i was ok then
afterwards when it had sunk in i felt like going in and knocking her into the pool,  lol,

a couple of the other parents wanted to know  what she said,  they were horrified,
what happens  when i take him public swimming i though, there are girls in and around the pool then , Huh??  i think she took it too far on the other hand,
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 08:44:32 AM by Al,Thepastfinder ( Alan ) » Logged

Charles Cater
Moderators permissions

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 04:54:04 PM »

Am I living in a different world now.

I used to go to the swimming baths (open air too ) and blimey was it cold, they used to draw water from the river at high tide off the North sea but there was never a complaint. The girls baths were separate from the boys and at that time I always thought of it as normal.

I long for the days to come back again, we didn't have any spare money but did we have fun, we made our own fun.
For instance, there were 'seasons' when you made up things to play with, like marbles and if you had glass allies you were posh and it was amazing where your friends came from.
There was a 'season' for whip and top, window breakers were my joy, didn't they fly up and away when caught properly, we used to see how far they would go, no prizes then for the longest 'throw' ?

Then there was the seaon of playing 'fag' cards we used to roam the streets looking for discarded Players packet which usually had a card in them( Kensitas was a favourite, they had "Flags of all Nations" on slk, they were a prized find) , one and your own back, hopscotch, and how the residents tolerated the cardboard on borrowed bike wheels that made a rattling sound on the spokes when pulled with a piece of string I don't know.

Hop scotch was seasonal for the girls and when we came out of shool at 4.30 pm in the winter we used to make 'slides' on the pavement, the rule there was that nobody was allowed on the the slide with hob nailed boots on.

Oh boy, what fun and it cost nothing.
The other day I heard some kids yelling and shouting for all they were worth trying to 'catch' each other, now that sent me back a bit and I thoroughly enjoyed listen to it.

I could go on and on but I don't want to bore you.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 05:01:34 PM by Charles Cater » Logged

Say nought and you won't be controversial, or so they say?

http://detectoruser.co.uk

http://members.boardhost.com/Tom1/
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 07:26:08 PM »

yeah, those were the days Charles when we had to use our imagination and make our own games  lol,
they have iot too easey these days,
yeah, perhaps i'll make a boggy for my grandkids if i find some old pram wheels
 iv'e already got some old tyres here they enjoy rolling down the back path, lol
 i'll have to get a hoop and stick out next then
  Cheers Charles
Alan

Charles Cater
Moderators permissions

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »

You are a man after my own heart mate. Glad there is somebody who can remember all these things. Yes , Alan, we too had boogies, that's if we could get the wheels the same size. Grin

Say nought and you won't be controversial, or so they say?

http://detectoruser.co.uk

http://members.boardhost.com/Tom1/
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 07:49:01 PM »

sometimes we had larger ones on the back Charles,.
 the good ole days hey lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal