Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What camera? Neil , Geoff et al!  (Read 2187 times)
hedgehog
« on: March 15, 2009, 09:43:08 AM »

I'm impressed with the digital photos that have been taken at the rally and elsewhere. What do you use?
What would be a reasonable price to buy one at that can do the biz?
Don't want an all singing, all dancing one!
P.S. Someone left one in my car (olympus fe110, is it worth sticking on ebay? )  Wink
waltonbasinman
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 09:46:00 AM »

Hey thats mine . e-mailed and pers messaged you.  Cry Cry Cry
waltonbasinman
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 09:57:55 AM »

If you look on Amazon there are 7 to 10 megapixel cameras from good companies like samsung, olympus or sony to name but a few that offer excellent price value (twenty/ thirty pounds cheaper than high street). The higher the mp (megapixel) the less blocky the picture and for posting on the internet such as this forum 7 to 10 mp should give quality pictures. Get an extra memory card so if you get an Olympus you will need an XD card and get one about 4gigabyte. Might be worth getting a small tripod for home pictures to get rid of camera shake.  Prices should be around £60 to £80 for these cameras. Hope this helps.  Cool Cool
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 10:23:13 AM by waltonbasinman (Paul) » Logged
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 10:44:29 AM »

I use a Nikon Coolpix 5200 which is a perfect size and has some great features, and is easy to learn. It lets you edit the photo on screen which I find really usefull. When it was launched i paid about £350 but that was nearly 5 years ago. It has only 5.1 megapixels (which at the time was a lot!) and 3 x optical digital zoom with 15 modes and approximately 300 settings.

I saw one on ebay a couple of months ago for only £60.

Can't fault it personally and its small and light enough for a pocket.

Hope that helps

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 10:46:57 AM »

Forgot to add it also has a built in digital camera and microphone - I've recorded 20 minutes before on a 4GB memory card. Crystal clear and surpasses my Sony video by miles.

I'm not selling them by the way - I just really like this camera Grin.

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
hedgehog
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 09:24:03 PM »

Thanks for that guys , was really impressed with the photos Neil. What you got Geoff? Very quiet there!
proconsul
Proconsul

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 01:36:06 PM »

Hi Hedgehog, if I'm quite it's because I'm trying to squeeze 48 hours out of every day at the moment. Things are a little hectic.  Cheesy

I use a Canon Powershot Pro1 at rallies which has 8 megapixels and although it has a fixed lens it is an 'L' quality lens - the highest quality that Canon make. It also has macro and 'super macro' settings which are very good for taking closeups of coins. Unfortunately when I took it to the Llansannor rally I had been a few months since I had used it so I didn't get the most out of the camera when taking pics of finds so we used Neil's schots for most of the closeups.

I have to say I'me very impressed with Neil's camera. He takes a mean photo.

If I'm out taking photographs with my son Curtis I use a Canon EOS 400D, usually with my favourite 70-300 USM IS lens. Curtis has the same equipment as me but inevitably takes better picures ( he was awarded a Licentiateship by the Royal Photographic Society at the age of 15 and has won a pile of gold medals at international photography salons).

Geoff
Jonola (Jon)
Superhero Member

Quattro User

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 01:59:11 PM »

My mrs has a new Samsung S1065 10.2 megapixel which I have been told I can borrow...except it is pink! I have a 3.2 megapixel Canon Ixus V3. Unfortunately the camera (Which was around £500 quid new) no longer holds a charge in the battery. I have bought two new batteries and a new charger but to no avail....Grrrrrrr  Angry

I love my camera even if it is a few years old. Any ideas anyone?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal