Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: treasure process  (Read 2930 times)
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« on: June 17, 2009, 03:23:03 PM »

if you do happen to find treasure this is the process that you will go through....takes time to Huh Huh Huh Roll Eyes Wink
http://www.ipswichdetector.net/downloads/treasureflowchart.pdf
ancientpat

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 03:37:39 PM »

I have an item of treasure which is going before the committee today  in the British Museum which was found and reported in May 2007. As you can see it can be a long process so don't expect a quick result !!

Pat.
Kev
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 03:39:24 PM »

hope you dont mind me asking pat what did you find  Huh Huh Huh Huh Roll Eyes Wink
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 03:44:39 PM »

As most of you know - I am also still waiting. Fast approaching a year now. It's beyond a joke. We get 14 days - they get as long as they choose. Speaking to other members the wait is getting longer by the year. Angry

If you throw in the horror stories of things being broken (ask James on this site}, wrongly valued and lost. It all hardly encourages people to report finds any more.

Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
ancientpat

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 04:00:41 PM »

Part of a middle bronze age bracelet, approx. 3500 years old.
Unfortunately the museum in Devises want it so that's the last I will see of it, I think I would have  forgone the value if I could have kept  the item.

Pat.
Kev
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 04:07:37 PM »

on the subject of finds been told by a coin collector friend ,and he is not a metal detectorist that a lot of finds coins, artifacts are being kept back from the proper authorities and are being sold privately . Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Huh Cool
sodbuster
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 04:27:20 PM »

I found part of a silver pin and it took over 12 months before I heard any news of its return
coleggwent(phil)
Superhero Member

explorer xs user

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 04:39:40 PM »

you are so lucky one year it took them 4 yes 4 years to sort my bronze hoard out i gaveup in the end phoning them so bad news guys it can take alot longer the £500 i had for it i think i spent on the phone bill i was so comfused dot com Huh why so long the truth is boys in there own time and not before its one big con i done like to say that but i need to  Wink regards phil

theres gold in them hills
explorer xs one of the best
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 08:29:33 AM »

I must be the exception to the rule when Ifound my small hoard of hammered silver about twenty years ago within a year Ihad to attend court for a treasure trove desision it went against the crown due to the fact the coins were,nt contained in anything !! we seem to have taken a big step backwards Huh Huh mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 08:54:39 AM »

wow    what a rip off ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you get  14 days to inform  people of your find then they  take  years  to get it sorted for you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  and they wonder why people sell  the finds  privatly    durrrrrrrrrrrr        if they got it sorted  much     much     faster  then there  would  definatly  be   MANY   MANY     more finds  handed in

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal