Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake Garrett Pro pointer  (Read 19387 times)
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 03:52:30 PM »

What I can't understand is, that the most expensive bit of the Garrett probe is the actual housing, the "working" parts can all be bought for under a fiver so why in gods name didn't the Chinese make an exact copy that worked, very odd Huh

I find the probe housing seems almost designed to be difficult to work with - as my first probe got a bit damp, I took it apart and it's not been the same since Smiley
Christoph1945
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 04:17:52 PM »

Surely the police should be looking in to who's selling these then as it's very much a criminal act.  Angry

As I understand it, it's up to the customs and excise people to chase this one up; but having said that, I am beginning to think that the practice of price fixing is taking place in the metal detecting world. What can we do about that?  Shocked
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 04:48:44 PM »

Quite true Chris, some companies do seem to be sailing close to the wind in regard to anti-competitive business practices and price fixing but I doubt if anyone in authority has looked at it Undecided
Christoph1945
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 05:09:19 PM »

Perhaps we should all visit our local MP's surgeries and ask them to look into the matter but I wouldn't hold your breath. Some years ago I asked my local MP to look into a matter of insider dealing but only succeeded I  getting a letter from the Minister for Trade and Industry saying, show us the proof and we will investigate the matter!  Huh
roaljodaka
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 05:40:33 PM »

Hi, still not received my pointer!!, sent messages and still had no reply from the seller on fleabay, can not go to resolution centre unti the 11th because it is due to be delivered then, I hold my breath.  Angry here is the item number 251353040912
sharkey
NWDD Member

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 05:57:02 PM »

gutted to hear about these catching people out, they look identical. after looking at her feedback there was 16 positive ones before anyone seemed to notice they were fakes (as mike said, if you've not owned one before you would never know).

roaljodaka as long as you raise the issue with ebay / paypal within 60 days (i think) from buying it, you should eventually be refunded.

Sharkey 

*North Wales Dirt Diggers
*Chester Mob member #002
*XP Deus
digitup
NWDD Member

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 05:59:43 PM »

don't think much of his feedback either
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 06:03:36 PM »

Some may work perfectly so maybe that's why some people have given good feedback, as we all know from forums the authentic Garrett has less than an impeccable record for reliability.
sharkey
NWDD Member

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 06:10:37 PM »

Some may work perfectly so maybe that's why some people have given good feedback, as we all know from forums the authentic Garrett has less than an impeccable record for reliability.

very true. i hope in the meantime a few more negative feedbacks get left for the seller, stating that they are fakes, as this will help everyone who has bought a pointer to get a refund on a counterfeit item claim.

Sharkey

*Chester Mob member #002
*XP Deus
roaljodaka
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2013, 06:40:58 PM »

gutted to hear about these catching people out, they look identical. after looking at her feedback there was 16 positive ones before anyone seemed to notice they were fakes (as mike said, if you've not owned one before you would never know).

roaljodaka as long as you raise the issue with ebay / paypal within 60 days (i think) from buying it, you should eventually be refunded.

Sharkey 
Thanks!!, but so annoying when you will end up paying out double for one Genuine item and 60 days before refund Grrrrrrr, it was only now that I started seeing negative feedback  Sad, it was all good before!.
sharkey
NWDD Member

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 07:01:49 PM »

it doesn't take 60 days for the refund, that is just the time period to resolve issues.  still a real hassle though  Angry

Sharkey

*Chester Mob member #002
*XP Deus
cardiffian

Minelab Explorer, Deus

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2013, 07:50:14 PM »

Surely the police should be looking in to who's selling these then as it's very much a criminal act.  Angry

As I understand it, it's up to the customs and excise people to chase this one up; but having said that, I am beginning to think that the practice of price fixing is taking place in the metal detecting world. What can we do about that?  Shocked
It has been going on for ages. I remember buying my Explorer XS in 2000 for £899 new. At the time you couldn't get it cheaper anywhere else. You just got different choices of extras. They would be flexible with the extras but you couldn't buy the machine without. Then The Midas Touch started doing amazing deals on machines such as the XS and Excalibur. They were selling the machines for about £300 cheaper but without the extras. It didn't take long for the other shops to gang up and complain to Minelab. Minelab then pulled the plug on them and they went out of business. I remember a scathing letter from The Midas Touch in one of the magazines giving a quite damning explanation as to why they were forced out of business.

Hammered                 5         
Roman bronze          10
William 111 shilling
Disc brooches             2
Med. silver annular brooch
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2013, 09:53:32 PM »

I was talking to a guy in a local army surplus store , who at one time used to sell
Metal detectors , and asked him why he didn't start doing it again as the hobby was popular.
He said that he would buy in a few detectors from the manufacturers, add on his  profit percentage
and then the Manufactures would drop their prices below what he originally paid for them, so he
ended up selling at a loss. He now sticks to army surplus and fishing equipment.

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
smudgecd

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2013, 10:13:10 PM »

Whats the sellers name

Garrett euroace

1x hammered silver
2x milled silver
2x buckles
don
Rally attendee

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2013, 03:25:30 PM »

Hi iam looking for garrett pro pointer anyone tell me where I can get one as I heard ebay could be fake

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal