Used modified GPX4500

(1/2) > >>

DEUSDAVE:
Just acquired a Minelab GPX 4500 with a gain mod added as per the pic , anyone know what this three position L.S.M switch does and what it is , been racking my brains trying to figure out what these settings are with no luck. Any information will be gratefully received .

Thanks Deusdave

Greg:
It could be a low sensitivity magnetometer, I built one years ago to tow behind the boat to find shipwrecks, it works by using the earths magnetic field ( the mid frequency being 2k) it sends out a pulse and measures how long it takes the protons to re stabilise, think it only works on no ferrous so not sure what it was used for (perhaps Finding anchors or such like on beaches).

DEUSDAVE:
Update on my GPX 4500 question found out the Lms switch stands for large small and medium refers to size of gold nuggets you are looking for, I won't be after nuggets just gold and coins on the wet sand beaches unless I sell the machine. Deusdave

probono:
Quote from: DEUSDAVE on February 17, 2020, 10:07:53 PM

Update on my GPX 4500 question found out the Lms switch stands for large small and medium refers to size of gold nuggets you are looking for, I won't be after nuggets just gold and coins on the wet sand beaches unless I sell the machine. Deusdave

I don't know how much these things are at the moment - but let us know how you get on.

I did think about hiring / borrowing one, as I'd like to search the places I found gold hammies to see if there are any more that I missed :)

DEUSDAVE:
Hi got it up for sale if you interested but not on here yet look at gumtree and preloved sites cheers Deus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page