Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Detectingwales Rally 52 - Where are the donkey rides and ice creams?  (Read 19615 times)
Zeus (Joel)
Restricted Member

Garrett Euro Ace

« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2012, 01:38:45 PM »

It may be worth contacting the racecourse to see if they can give you any info on who it was issued to. If you could trace descendants, a nice little write up in a Newbury newspaper could get you some great publicity and possibly some sites in the area. Good area for detecting.
Phoned them today. Spoke to some lady and she sounded thrilled about what i have found and said it was very kind of me to try to get it back to the family that it belonged to. She tried transferring me to someone but was engaged and she wants me to post it to them so they could possibly find out who it belonged to. I am boing to phone back tomorrow and speak to someone in the membership department and see if i can get any info. Dont really want to send it to them and not get any credit for finding it. Any thoughts on this please ?

2013 Finds

6 hammered
0 gold
0 Roman
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2012, 01:47:47 PM »

Hi Joel
Dont blame you for not wanting to part with it to a 3rd party.
Be prepared for membership confidentiality though. They may not want to release the name and address of the original owner.
The name might be enough. If you found it locally it's a fair chance the owner lived not far away and could be traced through old telephone directories. A few phone calls and you could deliver it youself.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Zeus (Joel)
Restricted Member

Garrett Euro Ace

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2012, 02:00:01 PM »

Hi Joel
Dont blame you for not wanting to part with it to a 3rd party.
Be prepared for membership confidentiality though. They may not want to release the name and address of the original owner.
The name might be enough. If you found it locally it's a fair chance the owner lived not far away and could be traced through old telephone directories. A few phone calls and you could deliver it youself.

Val

Yes that's what i am hoping to do. I'll wait now until tomorrow and see what the membership department says.

2013 Finds

6 hammered
0 gold
0 Roman
cardiffian

Minelab Explorer, Deus

« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2012, 08:20:21 PM »

Hi Joel. Once you have got a name it would be worth getting into one of the major libraries and looking at the street directory that covers the Porthcawl area (if there is one)for that year. If it turns out to be an unusual name, with only one in the directory, you can use it as a starting point when in contact with anyone of the same name in the present telephone directory. I used the Cardiff ones held in Cardiff library to do family history research. I think you can search by name or street. Alternatively why don't you tell the racecourse you are reluctant to send it in the post and send photos instead.

Whatever you decide, best of luck. It will be great if you can get to descendants of the original owner.

Hammered                 5         
Roman bronze          10
William 111 shilling
Disc brooches             2
Med. silver annular brooch
Zeus (Joel)
Restricted Member

Garrett Euro Ace

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2012, 10:03:49 PM »

That's what I will tell them tomorrow when I ring back. Hopefully they will give a name and I can research from there. Will keep you updated

2013 Finds

6 hammered
0 gold
0 Roman
Zeus (Joel)
Restricted Member

Garrett Euro Ace

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2012, 09:48:28 AM »

Phoned membership today, not good. They said that there is no way to trace it without a name. The number will not help. So it goes into my collection until i can find more info.

2013 Finds

6 hammered
0 gold
0 Roman
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2012, 04:02:21 PM »

Oh well, your intentons were good Joel.   Smiley

You know what they say,  'The best laid plans of mince and Men' . Worth hanging onto, you never know what might come to light in the future.

Val

cardiffian

Minelab Explorer, Deus

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2012, 09:05:50 PM »

Mince? lol.

Sorry joel that you came to a dead end.

Hammered                 5         
Roman bronze          10
William 111 shilling
Disc brooches             2
Med. silver annular brooch
Zeus (Joel)
Restricted Member

Garrett Euro Ace

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2012, 09:33:14 PM »

No worries. Atleast i tried.  Its here if i ever find out more info. If not a nice item for my collection Grin Grin

2013 Finds

6 hammered
0 gold
0 Roman
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2012, 10:16:38 PM »

Mince, who said mince.  Oh yea, I did. Just goes to show where my stomach was leading my brain. Grin

Val

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal