Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Detectingwales Rally 44 - Romans and Rolexs!  (Read 26542 times)
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2011, 11:05:18 PM »

well i seen a lot of what is shown here and a lot of the farm was well detectable especially the high ground , granted there were boggy areas which were easily avoidable , as to the photos being from other digs simply not true , i traveled home with neil who took most of them on the day , a lot of people didnt find including some very experienced guys its just the way it is sometimes mate

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2011, 11:11:21 PM »

In answer to crezzi1, All items were found at this venue.

The seal was located in the green field between the car park and the stubble field on the hill. It was virtually my first signal of the day.
People saw the stubble field and just shot off to get there without giving a thought to what they were walking over. I walked through the gate toward the stubble and within 25 paces
picked up that signal.

The Lizzy and the button were located in the stubble field itself and the ring found in the green pasture field on the far side of the mounded hill.

I often leave events with little to show for the day and when finds are displayed I wonder 'where did I go wrong'. People find things and pop them in their finds pouch and just carry on
no fan-fare or shouting.

Its the luck of the draw. The finds yesterday have broken a month or so spell of finding nothing but foil and rubbish.   

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2011, 11:16:26 PM »

totaly agree mike , iv had 3 hammered on my last 4 trips , yesterday , foil lead and junk coins and bullets , i know most of the guys who found on this rally and they are solid reliable people who wouldnt think of showing finds from elsewhere

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2011, 01:47:35 AM »

ok i can confirm that brooch Nobby find was about 3 metres from me when he had it wow that is a big brooch and very happy for you Rob .  Wink keep going my friend . Nordine.

well to add my comment on finding or not finding i have been to 4 rallies on the roll  with out finding anything and well the following one i had two hammered  one goergian a part of a silver arrow , loads of buttons so you never know the time the location you will find the goodies it can take 8 hours to find nothing and just few minutes to find the best i agree some site are not so productive than others  but i been to a rallie where i had nothing and few month later i had loads at the same venue, its all luck and how you swing too , seen some guys detecting and telling me ahh i find nothing again but when you see them using their machine you dont want to say to them well its not a helicopter hovering your coil take your time and always been told low and slow but not too slow and it work . Good luck all and it doesnt matter if you travel 2 miles or  few hundreds mile as long you get the right atitude and enjoy a day out thats a winning day .your turn will come but you need to be patient or you just may as well sell give up detecting and just go in the pub instead . I am honest to where i tell myself be patient enjoy it you guys when i see someone finding a stunning goodies i go mental not in a nasty way but in a way i say to myself  if that guy find a gold coin why i cant and that keep me going old the time and i wish you all the same one day . ok well happy hunting and keep positve .Nordine.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2011, 07:21:54 AM »

Good post Nordine, I agree totally with all you say. I like Nap was one of the last to leave and it wasn't until I read the report that I knew that more than 1 hammy had been found, but that's normal on most rallies. Unless it's a friend or you happen to be near the finder at the time, then as Mike says, after the initial excitement, it goes in the finds bag and they get on with the job in hand.
Sorry Crezzi but it sounds like to me.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:21:13 PM by Chef Geoff » Logged
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2011, 07:24:45 AM »

Now Napoleon, have a look at Mungo's button on page 2. It's one of yours Grin Any chance of checking it on a few French sites?

this is all I can find;
25th Light
6 Battle Honors: 1805 - Ulm, 1806 - Jena, 1807 - Eylau and Friedland, 1809 - Essling and Wagram
30 Battles and Combats: 1796 - Altenkirchen 1799 - Stokach, Le Grimsel, 1800 - Hermette, Mincio, Valeggio, 1805 - Gunzberg, Scharnitz, 1806 - Jena, 1807 - Allenstein, Guttstadt, Friedland, 1808 - Saragosse and Cascantes, 1809 - Tamammes, 1809 - Essling, Wagram, 1810 - Cuidad Rodrigo, Alcoba, 1811 - Redhina, Foz-do-Aronce, Miranda-del-Corvo, 1812 - Salamanca (Arapiles), 1813 - Lerin and Muz, 1813 - Lutzen, Wurschen, Buntzlau, Leipzig, 1814 - Toulouse
Notes: In 1812 at Salamanca the 25th Light Light and 27th Line attacked while the British line hesitated and stood firm for a moment. The redcoats then broke and fled. Six battle honors
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 10:56:01 AM by Chef Geoff » Logged
holmes 9
Rally attendee

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2011, 01:10:26 PM »

just a quick one to say thanks very much for a great day out.me and my mate dave didnt find much but not through lack of trying.we were the last to leave the closest stubble field,after spending the afternoon slowly working the area,but alas to no avail.well done on a well organised rally and look forward to joining you again sometime soon.
ps.shame on you crezzi1,perhaps next time spend the day with your mates looking for your own land Grin
Mungo

« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2011, 01:23:45 PM »

Now Napoleon, have a look at Mungo's button on page 2. It's one of yours Grin Any chance of checking it on a few French sites?

this is all I can find;
25th Light
6 Battle Honors: 1805 - Ulm, 1806 - Jena, 1807 - Eylau and Friedland, 1809 - Essling and Wagram
30 Battles and Combats: 1796 - Altenkirchen 1799 - Stokach, Le Grimsel, 1800 - Hermette, Mincio, Valeggio, 1805 - Gunzberg, Scharnitz, 1806 - Jena, 1807 - Allenstein, Guttstadt, Friedland, 1808 - Saragosse and Cascantes, 1809 - Tamammes, 1809 - Essling, Wagram, 1810 - Cuidad Rodrigo, Alcoba, 1811 - Redhina, Foz-do-Aronce, Miranda-del-Corvo, 1812 - Salamanca (Arapiles), 1813 - Lerin and Muz, 1813 - Lutzen, Wurschen, Buntzlau, Leipzig, 1814 - Toulouse
Notes: In 1812 at Salamanca the 25th Light Light and 27th Line attacked while the British line hesitated and stood firm for a moment. The redcoats then broke and fled. Six battle honors
Thanks for the info Geoff
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2011, 08:13:54 PM »

I do disagree with the shame on you comment.

Its disappointing to have traveled all that distance and having nothing to show at the end of the day but in all honesty, its not just a day with the machine.
I enjoy meeting people, chatting and just soaking up the atmosphere. If finds are all that matter your going to be disappointed a lot of the time
which means you'll at some point, you'll just give the hobby the push

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
avalon

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2011, 08:42:13 PM »

I would just like to say thanks guys for the rally. I didn’t find much, apart from a few buttons and pennies, but it was a good day out, all the same. It would have been nice if the farmer had shoveled the shit out of his yard, as I stood on what I thought was the path and my wellie  disappeared into a pile of  poo, and overflowed into my boot, lovely…. still can’t get rid of that smell, but that’s the Countryside for you. Tongue

Always difficult to find a productive site, that keeps everyone happy, but that’s detecting for you.

* cow shit field.JPG (124.32 KB, 700x525 - viewed 1292 times.)

legio11augustus
Superhero Member

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2011, 09:51:22 PM »

since i upgraded to my fisher f75 ,i have found nothing to note in 5 rallies,before that with my old fisher i found a hammered ....its the luck of the draw you gotta walk over it too find it

non atrocitate non clementia mutabatur
legio11augustus
Superhero Member

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2011, 09:57:25 PM »

by the way avalon i was next too you when you nearly disappeared down a poo mine ,sorry for laughing m8 but it was well funny
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 10:00:05 PM by handyman [Alan} » Logged

non atrocitate non clementia mutabatur
beachboy (viv)

« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2011, 10:06:36 PM »

crezzii,i know the feeling mate,when i started i used to travel to the weekend wanderers rallies around hampshire and wiltshire which was a good run i done the first five and never found a button let alone anything else and still don't find anything on some rallies but if i walk in the right place who knows a saxon hoard maybe,just wish you all the best on your next rally.viv
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2011, 10:23:39 PM »

Thought I'd let people get their points of view over before I stuck my oar in  Smiley

Your disappointment is understandable Crezzy, If i'd travelled that distance and found nothing, I'd be gutted as well. However , what I do not agree with is your supposition that, because you didnt  personally see some of the finds that

im guessing these pics are not off this dig

This surpasses an opinion and becomes an accusation and the type the metal detecting community can well do without especially when groundless.

If you save any one of the pics from Neils report and open them with microsoft office picture manager, click on details - The photo's details will be shown, including - Date taken , time taken, camera used ect ect.

I hope this reassures you of the rallies integrity and really hope we see you all down at another rally.

Kind regards.. Tafflaff

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
win

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2011, 09:24:19 AM »

Nice words Rob. Yeah its a bit of sod when others are finding and you're getting no luck despite doing everything properly, as someone else has already written 'that's metal detecting for you'. So you either put up with it in the assumption that your day will come or you find some other hobby. I wasn't at the rally but have really enjoyed all the others I've attended and very grateful to Neil, Proconsul, Rob and everyone else involved. Not found a lot but met some good people and had good days out. thank you. Clive.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal