Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: man killed by bull  (Read 1884 times)
nobby
Superhero Member

Wanna be boy band....

« on: November 17, 2010, 01:01:02 PM »

you can never be too carefull around livestock!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1330044/Family-man-killed-rampaging-bull-absolutely-devastated-attack.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

“I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.”
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 02:21:06 PM »

wel  while ago went to a field were easy 20 young bulls was there and they didnt like it at all the owner told me not to worry so after a hour in that field i pack my detector and made my way home ome of the bull was just behind me and walking in my directions so that was my last detecting session in that field , maybe 1 bull its ok but when you gott 20 of them and young its a different story

always becarefull they may just charge you and thats it.

thanks Nobby for the topic.

Nordine.
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 02:28:57 PM »

I've posted before about my 50 metre sprint against a bull afew years ago!

More recently I had the pleasure of watching Roman Ray out run a herd of cows! Funny at the time for Chef and I watching from a safe distance!

Rob, Ray and I on another occasion were being bothered by "cows" whilst eating our sandwiches, when I noticed that these were indeed odd cows as apart from the horns on their heads they were also hung coincidentally like bulls! We made our excuses and left the field! Grin

Never underestimate any livestock. I have even been rammed over by an angry sheep before now!

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 02:46:40 PM »

Rammed by a sheep OHHHHH! that sound like revenge lol

The fields I am detecting at the moment have loads of heifers and bullocks in them and inquisitive as ever. The first couple of days on there, they followed me for hours but thankfully they have now got bored. But I still make sure I always detect and dig with them in front of me. My great aunt was killed by a cow so you can never be to careful.
They are a bit like dogs though if you run away they will chase you, run at them and they will always bottle out.
Rob Two Spades

XP Deus

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »

Would they be scared off by a bang? I wonder if a cap gun or starter pistol might be a possibility in a dire emergency.
My wife and I got chased by a herd of cows two years ago, I had to let my terrier off the lead to give us time to get over a wall. It all ended happily.

2017:
9 Hammereds - best: Edward IV Groat
46 Roman Bronze
1 Roman Denarius
Late Saxon strap end
2 Roman rings
2 Roman brooches
1 Roman Seal box
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 04:22:08 PM »

They don't like sudden noises, I would think something like a rape alarm would be a good purchase.
shunggav

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 04:29:38 PM »

i wood never go field with bulls or cow..................i can run but not worth the trouble

The chicken came first – God would look silly sitting on an egg...... if u like me add me on facebook........ gavin  warren
Rob Two Spades

XP Deus

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 04:35:55 PM »

A couple of weeks ago I was on some earthworks near a farm and suddenly a herd with calves appeared!! I was pretty worried but they didnt come too close. I had my GM3 on without headphones so maybe the bleeps kept them away. 

2017:
9 Hammereds - best: Edward IV Groat
46 Roman Bronze
1 Roman Denarius
Late Saxon strap end
2 Roman rings
2 Roman brooches
1 Roman Seal box
adesace

If I was a rich man

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 06:23:24 PM »

Horrible thought. I would rather stay away. My uncle got chased by a bull one night when he was fishing. Lost half of his gear.

Ade
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 06:45:11 PM »

im always cautius around cattle and as this thread shows,it pays to be cautious,im not so bad with a group of people tectin but if there is me ,there is every chance i will not go in a field with cattle.

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
Romansue

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 07:28:11 PM »

Only a couple of years ago, a lady with a pushchair was found unconscious at the edge of a field full of cows and calves. She suffered serious brain damage and is still in a very bad way. Apparently, she had a little dog with her. Maybe the cows were just protecting their calves if they felt threatened by the dog barking. We all have to be carefull around any livestock, especially when there are young about, after all, they are only protecting their interests! I've even been chased by a cockerel and a goose and been given a nasty nip on my derriere!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 07:30:35 PM by Romansue » Logged
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 07:33:15 PM »

Isn't that what I've been moaning about for months and one or two have pulled my leg about it. It's no joke being faced up by 30 bullocks (and I'm not being rude) young male bovines. They are mostly curious but numbers count. They probably wouldn't set out to hurt but they are bigger than us and if one comes nosing, they all come. Heifers are just the same.
Cows with calves are the most dangerous and if they see you as a threat they will kill to protect the youngster.
On one of my regular walks with the dogs I know there are 5 bovines roaming loose, havn't got close enough to see sex, but 3 of them have the longest, sharpest horns I've ever seen  Shocked  I wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of them. I wonder if it's legal to leave horns like that on animals in public places??

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 08:35:47 PM »

Well in the park or roaming down the high street, it's probably illegal but I think a field would be private not public lol.
As you say Val cows with calves are dangerous even a friend of mine who is a dairyman has said he wouldn't chance getting to close to young calves.
Many cow attacks are a result of the cows chasing dogs and the owner protecting the dog. A cows instinct is to chase off dogs because of the wolf legacy.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 09:31:34 PM »

M.O.D. land Geoff. Templeton Airfield. Loads of sheep as well. And at the present 2 Rams. Don't know what the arrangement is with the Farmers and grazing but it is open to the public except on rare occasions when M.O.D have manouvers with live ammo. There are a couple of Bridleways through there as well. (And some interesting Archaeology) Huh Roll Eyes

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal