Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cscope CS4PI?  (Read 4434 times)
Venger
Rally attendee

« on: January 26, 2014, 04:49:19 PM »

I had a little win on the football yesterday (thank you Everton!) and was thinking of spending some of it on a dedicated beach machine. I have a Visua MD10 at the moment but, as with lots of others, it doesn't like the wet sand. I was looking at the Cscope CS4PI and would like to hear from people who have used them for their views.
ctx3030

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 05:01:37 PM »

good on the beach, go for detector  with  the black coil it is the newer mode lcan buy for less than £260 shop around Smiley
Christoph1945
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 06:37:59 PM »

Hi Venger,
                  I own and use a CS4PI. The machine excels on wet saline sands and it picks up the smallest of items at good depths. You must keep in mind the fact that the CS4PI has no discrimination and you will find yourself digging all manner of targets. If you are detecting a beach with loads of scrap in it, you will find it will be back breaking.

I am now very selective of where and when I use the CS4PI but I do still use it and will not be parting with it ant time soon. I do wish that I had enough cash to have bought a machine with discrimination when I bought the CS4PI.

Good luck with your final decision and happy hunting.

Chris   Smiley
Venger
Rally attendee

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 07:31:49 PM »

Thanks for the replies.  I'd probably be using it on Aberavon beach for the vast majority of the time.  I don't really mind the digging as it'll help keep me fit after I retire from local league football next season.  I'm already digging all sorts of targets with my Visua MD10 from the dry sand so I'm prepared for the hard work.

Another thing I was interested to know about is the battery life as I heard that it takes 8 batteries.  Will I be spending a lot of money replacing them all the time if I do go ahead and buy the machine?
Christoph1945
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 08:52:08 PM »

I have never actually made a note of the battery life for the CS4PI, but you could always use rechargeable batteries. I have a piece of kit that recharges ordinary batteries as well as rechargeable batteries, and I don't use rechargeable batteries. I'm sure that someone on here will be able to give you a good idea on battery life for the CS4PI.  Wink
jonnietaz1995
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 11:07:58 PM »

I had one for a while, a good little detector, you will dig everything, It's a very light machine, you can swing it all day long, I used rechargeable batteries, cheap enough on eBay, you should be able to pick a black model for under £200, you can hip mount the control box, but it is hard wired, so all leads stay connected, I would just put a freezer bag over mine to keep it waterproof, worked a treat, I bought a control box cover, which was useless, also has a light to indicate when you have a target.
Venger
Rally attendee

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 12:23:20 PM »

Well I went ahead and bought it and it arrived yesterday.  Just hoping to get out some time soon to try it out Smiley.
matthewbullingham123

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 12:24:33 PM »

i'm going aber at half 2 more than welcome to join me Smiley
Venger
Rally attendee

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 04:12:22 PM »

Only just saw this.  Unfortunately I can normally only go on weekends (and then when I don't have football).  I work until nearly 5 on weekdays Sad.  Thanks for the offer though and good luck.
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 04:57:54 PM »

with pulse machines pick clean beaches.good luck

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal