Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aberavon beach today  (Read 3438 times)
Venger
Rally attendee

« on: September 28, 2013, 01:28:43 PM »

Got up early this morning to catch the train to Baglan and walked down to Aberavon beach.  I spent about 4 hours down there and found nothing but rubbish Sad

I had an unopened fag packet, a packet of hayfever tablets, a ring pull, a huge metal bolt, various lumps of rusted iron and 2 fish hooks.  I noticed that there were some huge pieces of iron just past the end of the promenade which I dug down to but covered back up again.  Is it normally this bad or was I just unlucky?

I stayed on the dry sand as my detector definitely does not like the wet stuff Sad.
Zeus (Joel)
Restricted Member

Garrett Euro Ace

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 02:56:54 PM »

It's always like that after Badger has been there  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

2013 Finds

6 hammered
0 gold
0 Roman
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 08:09:47 AM »

wrong tides and too much sand on bud.

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
alun

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 08:17:59 AM »

Bit of both buddy, but like Badger stated too much sand and tide sizes. We have all been in the same position buddy, frustrating as hell.
If you want i also live in the Ferry, so if you want we could have a day out sometime.
I am back on pasture land now that the crops are in, but if you want beach work then thats ok. Let me know buddy, and dont get put off, the learning curve is bloody maddening.  Wink

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 01:00:08 PM »

its even more frustrating for me cos i know whats under that sand, booooooger Wink

gold = loads lol
Venger
Rally attendee

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 09:23:02 PM »

I thought as much with the sand, Badger.  I went down there on the spur of the moment as I wasn't playing football that day.  I'll be back to playing next Saturday though.  The walk back from Aberavon beach to the Ferry was good exercise for me, seeing as I haven't been able to sprint due to a hamstring injury, so it wasn't all doom and gloom.

On a separate note I had a very sore hand from swinging the detector for 4 hours or so so I'll know to wear gloves next time; had the beginning of blisters on my finger.

Alun, I may take you up on that offer some time in the future.  I won't be living in the Ferry after Sunday though; I'll be moving in with my girlfriend in Swansea after promising to move in at the start of the year (delaying tactics Smiley).  I may be giving up football next year when I'm 40 (I said I'd retire when I couldn't do myself justice anymore and if I wasn't good enough to stay in the 1st team (at the moment I still am)) so my weekends may be a little freer then.  The football season finishes in May too so I'll be freer then too.  I don't have my own transport though as I never learned how to drive (never got the bug and couldn't afford it when I was younger).
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 04:58:33 PM »

its got colder now gloves are a must on the beaches.get some good waterproofs too .beaches have been loaded up again this summer,keep at it and the good finds will come.persistenc on the beaches pays off

gold = loads lol

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal