Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crossbow Brooch  (Read 7662 times)
grego
NWDD Member

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 07:07:34 AM »

Agreat find.

Grego
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 08:25:17 PM »

Very nice Paul Wink The bronze is in lovely condition, is that because its been tinned, or is the ground kind in that field? Do you think it had a iron pin?
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 08:45:07 PM »

Very nice Paul Wink The bronze is in lovely condition, is that because its been tinned, or is the ground kind in that field? Do you think it had a iron pin?
A combination of good bronze Dale, also the Wiltshire flinty fields are always good to bronze Smiley and yes the brooch has signs of an iron pin now corroded.  Wink
Dale
Superhero Member

Bristol hammies wanted

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 08:53:33 PM »

Stunning mate Wink

Im going to have a few hours out detecting tomorrow hopefully Undecided her in door has recovered from her section and she been dragging me out clothes shopping Cheesy its was Bath today, I almost went to the roman baths again just to get away;D  

Keep it up
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:01:56 PM by Dale » Logged
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 08:57:25 PM »

I don't know about the 4 hours (I'm still building up my muscles again) but if I got home with a Roman brooch in that condition and nothing else, I'd be a very happy bunny. Would you believe I was over the Moon when I found a Spindle Whorl.
Once again, you're doing well Paul.  Great, keep it up. Wink

Val

You had problems Val Huh I'm sure you would be happy with the brooch .Spindle whorls are nice finds Val, I wish I could pop to your fields and scatter a bit of roman for you, I do feel a bit guilty showing some finds especially as others find it hard to find similar in their parts of the world. Wink
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 09:02:46 PM »

Stunning mate Wink

Im going to have a few hours out detecting tomorrow hopefully Undecided her in door has recovered from her section and she been dragging me out cloths shopping Cheesy its was Bath today, I almost went to the roman baths again just to get away;D 

Keep it up
Glad she is on the mend Dale, I popped in to Roman Baths a while a go, there's a few things in there that's on my wish list  Shocked I'm out tomorrow early as well good hunting.
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 01:54:35 PM »

Thrombosis Paul but pretty well O.K. now except that muscles got soft from lack of use. Managed 3 hours on the beach with the Ultimate the other day so I reckon I'm getting there.
S'pose it would make you feel a little self conscious posting pics of all those lovely finds. It's all down to demographics I reckon.   I should have stayed up in the Midlands. Cry

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
nonker10

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2014, 07:37:31 PM »

wallop thats a beauty well done,next year the plough might have clouted that well rescued.
Johnboy25

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2014, 02:27:29 PM »

I like that brooch very much, enjoy.
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2014, 04:23:43 PM »

Thrombosis Paul but pretty well O.K. now except that muscles got soft from lack of use. Managed 3 hours on the beach with the Ultimate the other day so I reckon I'm getting there.
S'pose it would make you feel a little self conscious posting pics of all those lovely finds. It's all down to demographics I reckon.   I should have stayed up in the Midlands. Cry

Val
Sorry to hear that Val but glad your getting there and managed a few hours on the beach Wink I'm sure there's a lot of detectorist's that do better than me . The Staffordshire hoard comes so mind Shocked Shocked the midlands are a rich area thou,  Roll Eyes Wink
roaljodaka
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »

I don't know about the 4 hours (I'm still building up my muscles again) but if I got home with a Roman brooch in that condition and nothing else, I'd be a very happy bunny. Would you believe I was over the Moon when I found a Spindle Whorl.
Once again, you're doing well Paul.  Great, keep it up. Wink

Val

You had problems Val Huh I'm sure you would be happy with the brooch .Spindle whorls are nice finds Val, I wish I could pop to your fields and scatter a bit of roman for you, I do feel a bit guilty showing some finds especially as others find it hard to find similar in their parts of the world. Wink

Don't feel guilty cs, i love seeing all these roman finds  Wink, keep up the good work. Smiley
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 08:52:40 PM »

Once again, you're doing well Paul.  Great, keep it up. Wink

Val

Don't feel guilty cs, i love seeing all these roman finds  Wink, keep up the good work. Smiley

Cheers mate, will be out this week see what turns up that's the beuty of this wonderful hobby  of ours you just don't know, you can have the best machine on the market and hundreds of acres and find nowt  Cry and an entry model detector with an acre and the find of your life Wink Wink
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:56:10 AM by Chef Geoff » Logged
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2014, 09:21:56 PM »

Like a lot of people, Paul, I often think of the numerous times I drove past that field.  Only consolation I have is that I didn't detect back then.   Wish I'd taken it up years ago. But then I might have been tempted to stay up there.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal