Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: on the lookout for a Deus  (Read 7918 times)
jcb (THE THIMBLE) jones

utrinque paratus , Gwell angau na Chywilydd

« on: February 03, 2014, 07:50:18 PM »

been out again today with the e-trac and i think it's to much of a machine for me so it maybe up for sale if i can find a Deus at a reasonable price , i would swap with some cash either way ,my etrac is in very clean condition and cleaned after every use ,comes with the box, cd disc and usb lead ,instruction manual ,and covers for the unit and the lcd screen , got 1 rechargable battery pack and a spare pack which takes 8 normal batteries or rechargable batteries , and koss 30 headphones 

the mighty xp Deus
legio11augustus
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 10:21:25 PM »

give it time fella , you havent had it long Grin

non atrocitate non clementia mutabatur
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 10:23:44 PM »

Persevere mate , you'll probably find the Deus a learing curve as well.

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
jcb (THE THIMBLE) jones

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 10:43:48 PM »

cheers lads i know your both right  Embarrassed Embarrassed

the mighty xp Deus
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 10:57:10 PM »

A machine like the E.Track or my Safari take a good while to understand. Someone mentioned 12 months when I first had mine.  He was about right.
Early days yet JCB , stick at it till you talk the same language.

Val

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
jcb (THE THIMBLE) jones

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 10:58:00 AM »

thank you val appreciate that Wink Wink

the mighty xp Deus
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 09:40:04 PM »

been out again today with the e-trac and i think it's to much of a machine for me so it maybe up for sale if i can find a Deus at a reasonable price , i would swap with some cash either way ,my etrac is in very clean condition and cleaned after every use ,comes with the box, cd disc and usb lead ,instruction manual ,and covers for the unit and the lcd screen , got 1 rechargable battery pack and a spare pack which takes 8 normal batteries or rechargable batteries , and koss 30 headphones 
Good advice you have had there jcb, and having had a Deus for  a few months, I am still getting the hang of it, that said it is an awesome machine  Wink good luck what ever you decide mate.
DomR

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 10:05:05 PM »

When I first got my Etrac a few months ago I struggled with the tones and I spent a lot of time digging deep iron. I then read the following advice, set my machine up accordingly and haven't looked back.

It's a simple dig/no-dig two-tone ferrous program and since I switched to it I haven't dug ANY deep iron and I've found some very nice things, including hammies, silver buttons and gold. A couple of times these finds have been after others have been over exactly the same ground with different machines, including Deus. It's made me realize what an awesome machine the Etrac is, so before you fork out on a Deus it may be worth giving give this a try....

http://www.detectingscotland.com/index.php?topic=115.0

jcb (THE THIMBLE) jones

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 09:37:40 AM »

thanks for the advice above lads , i must say chef geoff changed my etrac on sunday to 2tone and i did find it more straight forward , but i think im not getting the full benefit of the machine by using 2 tone , but it should be ok for learning , as i got a teknetics pro with 2 tone and find it simple to use

the mighty xp Deus
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 09:54:13 AM »

Stick with it Justin - I think I said to you in the car its a sharp learning curve with the E-Trac - practice is the only answer matey.

Nearly all the machines I have used have taken a while to get used to. I am toying with a new machine myself and I dare say what ever I opt for will be another new language of beeps and numbers to learn.

The E-Trac is a proven machine - I would keep at it.

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2014, 10:03:30 AM »

As I said on Sunday two tone ferrous is great for rallies and other one day site visits where you're trying to cover as much land as possible as you can run wide open and so there is no recovery but for thoroughness then multi tone conductive is the way to go.
Somewhere on here I posted my shock at finding a denarius about two years ago, the tone was iffy too good but the numbers were 27-32 and the cursor matched the numbers....iron all the way to the bank, in TTF it registered as iron to but that initial tone didn't match at all. On digging it of course it was the deni which when out of the ground sang out perfectly with a normal 13-32 and cursor to match, rescanning the hole gave the explanation as there was iron down there somewhere.
So as you have said you pay £1200 for multi tone, if you want TTF then save your money and buy a £700 machine Wink

I think it was me who said to Val it takes a 12 month as that's how long it took me to feel truly comfortable with what the machine was telling me.
jcb (THE THIMBLE) jones

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2014, 10:31:34 AM »

thanks geoff /neil im going to stick with it ,if i had a Deus i would still have to learn all the different tones with that , plus the etrac seems to be a better machine for the beach , only what i have read off others
so im going to stick with what i got , when i get the map of cowbridge area i will be able to do a lot more detecting and should learn at a faster rate , rather than wait for a rally to come up and then just struggle along with tones i dont understand 

the mighty xp Deus
hoarder
Rally attendee

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 01:44:11 PM »

i have used the etrac for 5 years now but i had to sell it due to shoulder ligament problems and i bought a Deus

i recently sold my backup Deus and bought another etrac..bad move within 5 weeks my old shoulder injuries returned so the etrac had to go again sadly,i love the machine but the pain it caused me after using it was not worth it

i have used both machines with good results / finds over the years but if i was given a choice of both machines i would go for the etrac if it was not for my shoulder problems

it is a cracker of a machine and once you learn what it is telling you there is not much on the market than can beat it

if it is a weight problem (which it is not in your case) then i would switch to the Deus with the 11" coil as that is the nearest you will get to the etrac performance,plus it is a fraction of the weight
Dyson

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 01:49:40 PM »

Hi I have had a Deus for about six months now can't get on with it at all, I wish I had kept miy explorer 2 now took me a year to know how to use it but found loads more with it Sad
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 02:29:13 PM »

I've never had or used a Deus but it is surprising how many people have bought a Deus and either reverted back to the explorer or wish they'd never bought a Deus,

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal