goldbug pro any good

(1/3) > >>

adt69:
hello all
i use a minelab explorer xs, its good on depth but very slow recovery and heavy.
was thinking of a goldbug are they any good on pasture and  beach.
al

Chef Geoff:
As a replacement then it's not in the same league as it's a high single frequency machine so is no good on wet sand and lacks overall depth but as an addition then a good choice as it's fast around iron, good on plough and sensitive to smaller targets that the XS may miss ;)

adt69:
what would you say would make a half decent replacement for around £350 £400 price range.
al

Chef Geoff:
Minelab are the sole makers of FBS machines so unfortunately you can only replace an Explorer with an Explorer for it's all around capabilities, the Minelab Sovereign is slightly better on beaches and possibly deeper on pasture but is just as slow but without the id of the XS.
For that money then the only other machine that would fit would be a second hand Whites DFX :-\

adt69:
i know my minelab is good but its just so slow and heavy and now old, what it pay to have 2 affordable detectors one for pasture and one for beach rather than spend a fortune on one that does both.
al

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page