Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday March 18th  (Read 3058 times)
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« on: March 16, 2015, 09:15:40 PM »

The weather men say that Wednesday is going to be dry and bright from dawn till dusk; any one planning on getting some sand in their shoes?

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 11:26:45 PM »

No, sand on Saturday, grass on Wednesday.  Have you seen the tides for the week-end  ?  Lowest low this year. If it goes any lower it'll be in reverse  Shocked Roll Eyes

Ever Optimistic, it's out there somewhere - And I Found it
Resurgam
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 06:53:22 AM »

Thanks Val, I hadn't noticed the low tides for the week end.  I will be out for the full day on Wednesday but may also get a couple of hours in on Sunday, now that you have brought the low tides to my notice.  Smiley

Minelab Safari + Quest Q40 + Garrett ProPointer + Patience, Persistence, Knowledge, and loads of determination. Wink
Muddydigger

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 08:44:49 PM »

Val it's the lowest tides here in minehead for 200 years , will be exposing a 10000 year old forest , I've already seen many of the stumps on a good low but this should be very special ... Any lower and I could walk to Cardiff .... If I wanted to of course lol
celticspikey
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 09:10:26 PM »

Val it's the lowest tides here in minehead for 200 years , will be exposing a 10000 year old forest , I've already seen many of the stumps on a good low but this should be very special ... Any lower and I could walk to Cardiff .... If I wanted to of course lol
Hey Muddydigger mite be a few axe heads around those tree stumps Grin it's been a while since I've done Minehead, myself and keepmeteethinthejar........use to go there 2-3 times a week when conditions were good! But that was years ago before they done all the defences on the beach Shocked good times and lots of gold Wink must give it a go one day.
Muddydigger

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 11:31:28 PM »

Think most of the gold is gone nowa days but still the odd one pops out  Wink, I can see the beach from my house so I always know the state of the tide, axe heads would be very nice ... Many times I've dug down into the decaying roots but as yet it's mostly been musket balls
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 12:51:04 AM »

Ah, I remember it well. back in the days before Butlins.  Back then I thought I hated the place but as I grew older all I had was very fond memories.
My Grand parents used to take me to Dunster every year.  We used to walk from the beach where we stayed, to the Lutterill Arms in the Village.  I, of course, had to stay outside in the garden but I remember being allowed a small glass of the local Cider. I've never been able to find any since that tasted so nice.
We always brought back some of the Station Masters wifes Damson Jam for through the winter. Always conjured up Summer memories.
Beautiful place.

Val

Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 01:36:31 AM »

I love Minehead and we also spend a lot of time in Dunster and the surrounding area every summer. I've tried detecting on Dunster
beach but theres loads  of tiny bits of aluminium everywhere, it's a total nightmare

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
dingdong
Superhero Member

MAD COWS EAT METAL DETECTORISTS !!!🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂🐂

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 05:44:24 PM »

Minehead, yes absolutely beautiful place,when I was away on business I would always try and find a hostelry in the area and sample the local home brewed cyder, wow! Minehead! Minehead!Minehead!!, breakfast was normally two lightly poached asprins ah!those were the days!!🍷
Muddydigger

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 07:09:04 AM »

Funny you should mention the Lutterill Arms Val, I'm getting married there in June 😀
Val Beechey
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 08:49:37 AM »

I can't think of a nicer setting. You must post a couple of picies for us 'Oldies' to drool over.  I hope the Sun shines.

Val

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal