Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Detecting Land at Last Hooray  (Read 2744 times)
vitallius (Dave)

"The only way to have a friend is to be one."

« on: July 15, 2009, 08:11:06 AM »

Hi.all
well had a quite week so far my wife is away with family, so was hopeing to have the opportunity to do some detecting shame theres not a dig this week.Looking at some of the posts some nice finds well done all so envious... Anyway took my dog out to do some training Tracking and article search, shame he cant locate and dig for coins Ha Ha, will try to teach him that one? Whilst out on a field I laid a two mile track and scattered some articles, whilst harnessing my dog up a tractor pulled up in the lay-by didnt pay too much attention at that time ,and off I went dog off like a bull in a china shop anyway job done track completed articles found, clever bugger was praiseing my boy up when I saw the tractor come past and pull in, i sorted my stuff out and went towards the tractor,the door opened I said morning he replied morning... that was good he said, I watched the dog for a bit earlier on.Anyway got really chatting... one thing led to another before I knew it got some land to to take the dog tracking and bagged some detecting land when the crops come off in 4 to six weeks time he also told me he had some one detecting approx 14 years ago for about a year, who has since gone who detected a field he calls "Tumpy" field where apparantley he found lots of Roman coins having done some research, have since found out the field has brook running through it and there was a small settlement of Bronze and Iron age so fingers crossed looking forward to that.... Grin Grin Dave
altinkum

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 08:18:31 AM »

well done dave now you've got your foot in the door you can do some name dropping in that area when talking to other farmers about detecting land.  mike

explorers, my arse
vitallius (Dave)

"The only way to have a friend is to be one."

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 08:34:45 AM »

Hi Mike, cheers mate, yep im pretty excited it seems so long when you read other posts and finds and want to get out and do some dectecting,hows the detecting front with you.... Dave
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 09:07:11 AM »

Congratulations !!  Roll Eyes Dave you,ve waited long enough for land let this be the key that opens a thousand doors good luck bud  ;)mole

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 10:15:53 AM »

Well done Dave , enjoy it fella you've waited long enough mate!

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Stig(The)
Superhero Member

X-Terra 70 user.

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2009, 01:58:51 PM »

Good on ya Dave,it`s a great feeling when you get some new land to detect on,good luck bud,hope you find loads of good stuff,dont forget to show us your finds. Grin

The challenge of history is to recover the past and introduce it to the present.
hedgehog
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2009, 02:14:05 PM »

Well done Dave, Tumpy field sounds a good place to start, hope you gave the dog a treat for getting permission for you  Grin
Kev
Superhero Member

"there as got to be more there " SE & XS user

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 02:19:21 PM »

really pleased for you Dave ,you have tried hard enough withe the letters you sent out,and then by chance you got your just deserve .......... you are a nice bloke coz iv meet you  Grin well done m8 Wink
simon c

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 06:46:51 PM »

Well done Dave ,great result keep him sweet and you might get a few neighbouring farms.Funny you mention about the dog not being able to sniff out finds,i read an article in i think it was The Searcher years ago about a customs officer who had homed to retired dogs,and he reckoned he had trained them to sniff out buried  silver by the smell of the oxides on them,i don't know how much truth is in that,but it would save a lot of walking and digging if they could . Grin
DIGGA

MINELAB EXPLORER XS USER

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 08:27:34 PM »

WELL DONE THERE DAVE   WE WERE SUPPOSED TO GO OUT  YESTERDAY BUT I DIDENT HEAR FROM YOU   AND IT WAS  LASHING DOWN  ,,,,, BUT  IF YOU FANCY A GO THIS WEEK   LET ME KNOW  AND I WILL GET US OUT ON SOME OF MY LAND  MATE   Grin Grin

dont dig deep if ya aint heard the beep

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal