Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CARDIFF SCAN CLUB RALLY  (Read 8930 times)
Mike
Superhero Member

« on: September 22, 2013, 05:00:50 PM »

many thanks to Geoff ( proconsul ) neil and taff for allowing us to use  the DW forum to promote our 2 day rally .

thanks john ( bighoxi) for loaning us the marque , all the dw and Swansea members that came along for the dig and donated prizes for the raffle  , without you it would not have been as successful as it was  Smiley Smiley Smiley

finds wise  , a few hammered , roman brooches , milled silver  , cufflinks and the usual coins , buckles buttons etc were found plus many of the tokens were found , all in all a very enjoyable weekend in lovely surroundings was had by all

I will let you all know how much we raised for the RNLI as soon as I get the total , at the last count it was over £300 so well done everyone  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

tTHANKE EVERYONE , HH , MIKE Smiley

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
alun

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 05:07:20 PM »

Nice one Mike, Tomas and I had a great day yesterday even though our finds were run of the mill the whole day worked out great.
Nice to put a name to a face, and I will bring sausages next time I promise  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 05:08:12 PM »

It was a brilliant weekend and great company. Thanks Mike , Geoff .and Cardiff Scan Club
for the invite I had a great time .

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 06:45:37 PM »

Thank you ever so much for the invite. We had a great day Saturday, meeting many friends from within the Welsh detecting community.

Many thanks to Mike and Gwilym and everyone else involved in putting the rally together. Well done on raising such a large amount for a good cause.

here are my finds from the day. a spindle whorl, 2 cufflinks [1 silver], a bronze potleg, a token and a rolls royce dinky car base

cheers

* 210913 cdiffscanrally hford.jpg (177.39 KB, 623x557 - viewed 543 times.)

* 210913 cdiffscanrally cufflink hford.jpg (73.92 KB, 287x353 - viewed 506 times.)

* 210913 cdiffscanrally token hford.jpg (112.54 KB, 413x410 - viewed 510 times.)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 07:10:19 PM by handyman [Alan} » Logged

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 06:47:05 PM »

Couldn't be there sorry, but well done on what sounds like a successful weekend  Smiley
ysbytymike

Bliss V3, Headhunter Pro, Teknetic T2, C-Scope CS7

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 03:49:11 PM »

Sorry couldn't make the rally Mike but please put me down for a £10 donation. Will either bring it over next time I'm there or will give to
one of the other guys attending.
Cheers
Mike

Life is all about questions - Death brings all the answers   (md)
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 03:50:21 PM »

Thanks mike that's very good of you  Smiley Smiley Smiley

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
parkijohn

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 07:19:15 PM »

Yeah had a great weekend John found a roman brooch and about 4 coins & bits & bobs. The big coin john found chef see it the date on it is R353 cant find anything in the coin book.I found a sixpence lead token a few coins but the coin john found the big one is weird.Does anyone know what the R stands for.Thanks anyway for a pleasant weekend our charley the dog has slept none stop since we got back and give him a shower.
Dyson

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 07:36:40 PM »

Well done mike great result good weekend  Smiley
The Doc
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 08:49:49 PM »

Yeah had a great weekend John found a roman brooch and about 4 coins & bits & bobs. The big coin john found chef see it the date on it is R353 cant find anything in the coin book.I found a sixpence lead token a few coins but the coin john found the big one is weird.Does anyone know what the R stands for.Thanks anyway for a pleasant weekend our charley the dog has slept none stop since we got back and give him a shower.

Any chance of a picture of the mystery coin?
Svaipa

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 07:47:18 AM »

Thanks for an absolute fabulous weekend. It was well organised and the site had some excellent fascilities. I didn't find much to brag about, a single coin and a belt clamp (I think?),- but it was a great weekend, the soil was beautiful and the after dark stories quite entertaining ! Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome at my first Rally.
Thanks !
probono
Superhero Member

Nihi nisi sub sole

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2013, 12:22:49 PM »

Any chance of a picture of the mystery coin?
It's a lot easier to id if we can see it Smiley
parkijohn

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 09:52:42 PM »

Tried to scan the coin  but the picture rubbish  whats the best way take a photo and blow it up .
Dryland
Superhero Member

Keeper of the Lights

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2013, 09:55:24 PM »

A camera and Dynamite Grin Grin

If money is the root of all evil,why can't we spend parsnips ?
Svaipa

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 08:23:58 AM »

whats the best way take a photo and blow it up .

Feel free to send me the original photo and I'll fiddle it and post it up  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal