Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Detecting Without Borders - Luton 12-16 September 2013  (Read 16057 times)
MetalDetective
Rally attendee

PHEC Thesaurus

« on: July 06, 2013, 03:50:16 PM »

Polish Historical Exploration Club THESAURUS would like to invite you to our fifth annual rally "Detecting Without Borders".

This year we will hold it near Luton, on a border between Bedfordshire and Hertfordshire, on around 700 acres mostly undetected land in a great location. Our recent rallies in the area has produced gold and silver Celtic and Roman coins, lots of hamerred and a range of fantastic artefacts, including seal matrixes, crotal bells, rings etc. This year we have managed to obtain permission to detect on brand new land with a great potential.

"Detecting Without Borders" is a rally open to all and will include detectorists from Poland as well as other European countries, so apart from a chance for great finds, we can guarantee you a great atmosphere as well!

Here you can read about one of the recent rallies in the area:
http://www.metaldetectives.eu/images/art.pdf

and see some of our finds:
http://www.metaldetectives.eu/index.php/1

The rally starts 12 September and lasts until 16 so is also the longest rally in Britain!

On Sunday 15 September, we will be visited by a Finds Liason Officer, who will record our finds.

Camping is free and includes toilets, showers as well as kitchen facilities (hot water, electricity etc.) on site.
For a small additional fee, you can also have a hot dinner available when you get back from the field!

We will have lots of prizes to win, (thanks to Laura from Detecnicks and other sponsors) including a Rutus Jupiter metal detector!

We have only a limited number of spaces available for this exciting rally so do not hesitate and contact us as soon as possible.

Cost of the full five day rally 12-16 September is only 50 pounds.
You can also choose to pay 17 pounds per day of detecting. Camping and all the facilities are included in the price. Catering option (must be prebooked) is 7 pounds per day (available Friday, Saturday and Sunday - two course dinner - soup plus main dish), served at a set time in the afternoon.

Please send your payment (Paypal via "private gift" option) to: thesaurusuk@gmail.com stating your name and requirements, or contact us on the same email for bank details and additional information. You can also call us on 07 763 763 562
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 04:37:12 PM »

Th email address is actually a subsidiary of a shop called hidden history. Don't know why they are hiding behind the name detecting without borders.

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 04:58:36 PM »

Not sure where you got that from Alan but if anything then It could be the other way around, Thesaurus club have been going for years and Mike and the gang have been members on here since 2009 and were at the two day Yatton rally, remember the bronze age axe?

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:07:27 PM by Neil » Logged
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 05:12:43 PM »

In fact just reading their links to retailers and Hidden History isn't even on it......I think you may have dreamt that one Grin
MetalDetective
Rally attendee

PHEC Thesaurus

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 05:15:32 PM »

handyman Alan - Edited by ADMIN

I've included links to our website and we are a long running, well respected club, fully affiliated with NCMD, known amongst our British friends, including Laura at Detecnicks, have been on few Detecting Wales rallies, so there can be no doubt about our sincerity. I don't even know what this "hidden history" shop is so I expect that you'll remove your comment.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:34:24 PM by Neil » Logged
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 05:19:52 PM »

to much sun for the old fella , cooked his brain  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Cheesy Cheesy

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
MetalDetective
Rally attendee

PHEC Thesaurus

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 05:35:06 PM »

Chef Geoff - sorry but you also got it wrong Grin Our website is: http://metaldetectives.eu/
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 06:14:52 PM »

LOL OK....who are that other lot then? Wink
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 09:07:47 PM »

Oops sorry guys, in my rush to post and catch the plane, I didn't see the .eu tag,

I thank Geoff for his post that sets the matter straight, and apologise to the organisers of the above group.

However, there are a similar group but with a .co.uk address which has no connection to the above.

Cheers, and hope its a great success.

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Mick

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 04:29:27 PM »

I'll be there anyway, fifth time. Great company, loads of finds, well spent days guarante  Grin

alun

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 07:17:02 PM »

Is there a age limit to attending the rally, as i would like to take my 8 year old son with me for the day? I am a  member of NCMD and Tomas (son) loves the hobby

Roman Artefacts: 6
Gold:         3
Medieval 15
Silver:34
Etrac
AT Pro
Whites
Mick

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2013, 07:55:00 PM »

If I well know no age limit, for ensure phone to source 07 763 763 562

Discrim-Me

Everybody in its spitting

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »

I like the look of this, im Going..... Cool

You need to have walked in the deepest valley to appreciate the magnificence of standing on the highest mountain.
MetalDetective
Rally attendee

PHEC Thesaurus

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2013, 09:39:33 PM »

Hi alun - I've sent you a PM. No age limit and we'll have lots of kids. Under 16's go free Smiley
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 08:56:12 AM by MetalDetective » Logged
Discrim-Me

Everybody in its spitting

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2013, 09:51:30 PM »

No age limit and we'll have lots of kids. Under 18's go free Smiley

Well done you guys, this is what it should be like, a REAL rally, Smiley 5 stars***** to you 

You need to have walked in the deepest valley to appreciate the magnificence of standing on the highest mountain.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal