Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: ANGUS SCOTLAND OCTOBER 2012 RALLY  (Read 14850 times)
LUCKY

V3i & Highland Innovations Headphones User

« on: March 02, 2012, 02:06:09 PM »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                          A PICTISH STONE WAS FOUND ON THE ESTATE
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                                   ARBROATH SCOTLAND

All Accommodation has been booked and paid for in full,as has all metal detecting fees.The rally will take place near Arbroath in Scotland. It will be a three day event with SELF CATERING ACCOMMODATION located on the estate and provided by me, Jim Crombie.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The event will commence at 0900 hours on friday 26th october.
The event will finish early monday morning on  the 29th october when the accommodation has to be vacated
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Accommodation has : TV's--washing machines--fridges--microwaves--internet access--cookers--kettles--toasters--towelling & bedding with comfortable furnishings. Some of the accommodation will have en suite facilities, others will have either a bath or shower available.

The estate we will be metal detecting on has 3000 acres for us to search. Although this event is neither A DETECTINGWALES OR DETECTINGSCOTLAND event, members from both forums will be given the chance to take up the accommodation offer before the event is advertised nationally from july/August.

The areas we will be searching are approximately 4 miles south of Arbroath. A few archaeological papers have been written about settlements in the search area. These settlements ceased to be used a fairly long time ago.

One of the archaeological papers written about the area.  http://ads.ahds.ac.uk/catalogue/adsdata/arch-352-1/dissemination/pdf/vol_115/115_357_399.pdf

COST PER HEAD is £100  (based on two people sharing a bedroom with either single beds or a double bed for the three days---All metal detectings fees are included in this price)

If you are interested telephone  01592 784868       or     e-mail  james.crombie@hotmail.co.uk.  Payment is made by cheque.

The Search Area is Located at POSTCODE  DD11 4RW

For those that wish to attend the rally and book their own accommodation. A metal detecting only ticket for a day is £10 while a three day ticket is £20 only.These metal detecting fees can be paid on the day. ( The accommodation I'm providing is second to none--you will not be disappointed)

The county archaeologist--The Treasure Trove Unit & Historic Scotland-- have all been contacted and made aware the rally is taking place. Both the county archaeologist and the treasure trove unit will be providing assistance at the rally.
         -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A DARK AGES BATTLEFIELD SITE IS LOCATED NEAR THE MAIN KINBLETHMONT HOUSE.

Everyone attending the rally must register and provide a Name & Address
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------      

DIRECTIONS TO KINBLETHMONT

http://www.kinblethmont.com/cottages-directions.html
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:04:22 PM by LUCKY » Logged
Neil
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 04:26:09 PM »

Well done on taking on this enterprise - after helping with arranging nearly 50 rallies I can assure you its not easy to organise!  Wink

I think it would help if you gave a ball park price for the rally and accommodation (I know its not nailed down at this point). I also think you would need to be able to quote a proven history in the area to make it attractive for Detecting Wales members. After all we would be shelling out well over a ton in transport costs.

Out of curiosity what period of settlement are you talking and what sort of scale of occupation?

Is it likely to be pasture, stubble, plough? Has it been ploughed recently?

I am certainly interested in attending if the potential is there, as its a bit different to the norm.

On previous experience, I am not sure I could put up with Rob's barfing or Ray's snoring for a few nights and thats discounting Pip and Nomads 5am pizza munching chats!;D

Cheers
Neil

There comes a time in every rightly constructed boys life when he has a raging urge to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.

Mark Twain 1835 - 1910

If anyone wants to sell any S c r a p gold or sovereigns, regardless of condition -  ask me for a price first please.
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 04:28:46 PM »

cheaper if you could organise a bus neil Roll Eyes

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Zeus (Joel)
Restricted Member

Garrett Euro Ace

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 04:38:06 PM »

And what if you wanted to rough it in a tent ? Are there camping facilities ? How much is just the dig ?

2013 Finds

6 hammered
0 gold
0 Roman
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 07:27:53 PM »

im up for it , i can arrange a self drive minibus for around £300 for 4 days plus fuel 14 seater ,

joel have you ever been to scotland camping in october  Shocked Shocked Shocked  pay the money mate its freeeeeeeeeeeeeeezin up there  Cheesy Cheesy

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
gijan

my sir garret can find it ...yes he can

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 07:32:37 PM »

charles and myself would go...... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

my sir garret can find it ..yes he can...
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 11:56:54 PM »

hmm  --- my concern is

as its a private event, what insurance is in place by the organiser!  we all have our own, but does the organiser have public liabiltiy for such events?

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
markymark123

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 11:38:16 AM »

a little confused  Huh is it 100 pound per head or 100 per room ...is that per night or for the 3 nights ?
Mike
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 01:45:09 PM »

how many places are available

NEVER TRUST A FART !!!!!!!
markymark123

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2012, 04:37:28 PM »

myself mrsmarky and our 2 friends who are on here would be up for it .
garethj
Rally attendee

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 06:27:18 PM »

a little confused  Huh is it 100 pound per head or 100 per room ...is that per night or for the 3 nights ?
The cost per head (based upon two people sharing a room is £100. This price includes your accommodation for the three nights (friday-saturday-sunday) and all metal detecting fees for the entire duration of the rally.

Hope this helps marky
LUCKY

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2012, 09:06:21 AM »

KINBLETHMONT RALLY                                                          

BEST FIND AWARD

The winner of the KINBLETHMONT RALLY BEST FIND competition will receive A YEARS FREE SUBSCRIPTION TO THE SEARCHER MAGAZINE.Only ten inches tall, an additional award to the winner is this inscribed slate plack. It is an appropriate keepsake of the occasion. With the "DECLARATION of ARBROATH" being made just up the road, once you read the inscription on the plack you will understand why.

KINBLETHMONT BEST FIND AWARD KINDLY DONATED BY :- THE SEARCHER MAGAZINE

* DSC05778.JPG (251.38 KB, 572x782 - viewed 914 times.)
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:11:32 PM by LUCKY » Logged
LUCKY

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 09:39:57 AM »

ACCESS TO THE ACCOMMODATION

For those booked into the estate accommodation access is from 3pm on friday 26th October.All KEYS for estate accommodation will be issued to occupiers by me. Estate accommodation must be vacated by 1000am on the morning of Monday 29th October.

ONE EXCEPTION

For those booked into Chauffeurs Cottage(and Chauffeurs Cottage only) access is from 3pm on Monday 22nd October. The accommodation must be vacated by 1000am on the morning of Monday 29th October.

Further details concerned with the rally will be released nearer the rally date.   THANK YOU !!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:21:36 PM by LUCKY » Logged
LUCKY

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 12:02:45 PM »

GROUPS CAN RENT A STATIC CARAVAN

Park your Campervan or Caravan At the Red Lion Caravan Park Arbroath web-address below :-

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=5098#maphere]

STATIC CARAVANS FOR RENT CAN SLEEP UP TO EIGHT.

INTERESTED ?

TELEPHONE "OLIVIA" on 01241 872038  at the RED LION CARAVAN PARK ARBROATH TODAY FOR PRICES.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 05:21:48 AM by LUCKY » Logged
LUCKY

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2012, 05:02:20 AM »

I'd just like to make everyone aware that one fellow metal detectorist is flying all the way over to the Kinblethmont Rally from Flagstaff in Arizona. Six (possibly seven) American servicemen are flying in from Germany where they are based.One lad is flying in from Spain. Fellow metal detectorists from-- Wales-Nothern Ireland-England will also be attending. So a really international flavour for the event. Hopefully you can make it to the rally--look forward to meeting up with anyone who can.

Please sign the register after parking in the area designated on the estate as the Rally Car Park.Please also pay rally fees as early as you can so we can have a 0900am start each morning. Yes we want as early a start to each days hunt as is possible, it gets dark early at this time of year.
===========================================================================================

SUNRISE & SUNSET HOURS

26th October FRIDAY----------SUNRISE 0808hrs   SUNSET 1745hrs
27th October SATURDAY------SUNRISE 0810hrs   SUNSET 1743hrs
NOTE:- CLOCKS ARE CHANGED BACKWARDS AN HOUR saturday evening sunday morning. 27/28th October
28th October SUNDAY----------SUNRISE 0712hrs  SUNSET 1640hrs

PLEASE note we have an extra hour in bed sunday morning. Also that we have just 9 & 1/2 hrs of daylight at this time of year. So it is very important that we are ready to start walking to the search areas by 0900am each morning.

============================================================================================================================================================================================

A CHARITY RAFFLE DRAW WILL TAKE PLACE ON SUNDAY MORNING 28th OCTOBER
                                                                                    FIRST PRIZE
            THE FIRST PRIZE HAS BEEN KINDLY DONATED BY WHITES ELECTRONIC FACTORY IN INVERNESS
                                           FIRST PRIZE -- A COINMASTER PRO DETECTOR

SECOND PRIZE
           THE SECOND PRIZE HAS KINDLY BEEN DONATED BY Mr Adrian Jones " a sketch of a black labrador."
                                                               SECOND PRIZE signed sketch (photograph attached)
Mr Adrian Jones sketches are a sound investment for the future, they can and do sell for several hundred pounds in today's market.

THIRD PRIZE
THE THIRD PRIZE HAS BEEN KINDLY DONATED BY MR Jim Crombie " A litre bottle of Bicardi & Whiskey & Vodka"
                                                                        Three Bottles of Spirits

Raffle tickets can only be bought at the rally by those attending the rally. Tickets will cost one pound. The rally draw will be made at the rally on sunday morning 28th October. The time the draw will be made will be approximately 0850am.ALL proceeds from the rally raffle will be donated to a charity.  

The Charity chosen to received all proceeds from the raffle is SAMH and in particular the two local branches Located in Dundee & Kirkcaldy. (SAMH :- Scottish Association for Mental Health) A Director from the charity will be presented with a cheque for the amount raised straight after the draw has been made on 28th October ,sunday morning at about 0850am, just before we set off to sunday's search/hunt area.                                                                                                                          

====================================================================================
A delicacy known as a "smokie" from Arbroath and another known as a "bridie" from Forfar should be sampled by dig attendee's
====================================================================================[/color

* blacksmall (2).jpg (102.79 KB, 581x800 - viewed 594 times.)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 10:32:20 AM by LUCKY » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal