Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slideshow of Detecting Scotlands 11th Dig  (Read 3542 times)
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« on: November 08, 2011, 11:16:08 AM »

!

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 12:11:49 PM »

Nice to see that a DS dig is just the same as a DW dig, all tea and talking Cheesy
And can I just say "YES, I KNOW, IT'S A BRONZE AGE AXE, VERY NICE, NOW MOVE ON"  Grin  and was that one guinea 10 times or 10 guineas? Roll Eyes
romano-brit

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 02:21:56 PM »

looks nice there, justa shame the same coins where found over and over again, how many times did they show those 4 finds??

2011/2012 Finds

Roman silver: 2/0
Hammies: 7/1
Milled silver: 17/0
Gold artifacts: 1/0
Gold coins: 0/0
Tafflaff (Rob)
Deputy Administrator
Superhero Member

Etrac user 55

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 02:26:34 PM »

Just pictures of the same finds taken from different cameras, I asked everyone to post the pics up they had - I dont think its a shame they appear more than once and certainly do not think the repeated artifacts detract from the enjoyment of those that attended the rally. Its like looking at other peoples holidays snaps... never as good as being there yourself.

There is only so many times one can turn the other cheek.
LUCKY

V3i & Highland Innovations Headphones User

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2012, 11:11:16 PM »

As a result of the finds made at this particular dig and a later dig on exactly the same site a few weeks later. DS became part of a radio program got mentioned in newspapers and in metal detecting magazines. So these digs did nothing but good for all metal detectorists. The metal detectorists lucky enough to have been there had a lot of fun, found two gold milled coins,rare hammered coins, about six in total. Very rare scottish milled silver coins and loads more.Its a day quite a high number of scottish metal detectorists will never forget. Especially the lady finder of the MBA axe/chisel as she had only been metal detecting a few months. Loads of newcomers to metal detecting learn a lot from both the DS & DW forums and the digs they organise. Thanks to TAFFLAF and the voluntary work he does we can view videos like this one---fantastic memory. The field had never been metal detected before,so an awful lot was learnt that day especially by those recording finds at the National Museum. The lady axe/chisel finder was the first ever person to find a bronze age artefact at a DS dig, she has since been presented with a memento. This axe/chisel find came third in our DS annual Best Find Competition
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 11:20:43 PM by LUCKY » Logged
herbie

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 10:28:32 AM »

Fantastic finds, sounds like a cracking day, bronze age axe head still high on my wish list Smiley

Same sh*t different hole!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal