Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recovery speed, what machine is best  (Read 2523 times)
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« on: March 15, 2010, 09:45:23 PM »

I'm interested in recovery speeds , it could influence the choice of what my next machine could be , from what i have researched so far , the Teroso/Laser range seem to win hands down , while other well known makes perform poorly.
Does it make a great deal of difference, to me its one of the most important aspects of a machine , one that can recover in 4" has the edge over a machine that recovers in 10" ........ or does it ?
Any experience out there

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
ORDOVIC
Rally attendee

DFX & MXT user

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 10:15:14 PM »

Cant comment on the detectors you mentioned as I have not used them but the Whites MXT has a fast recovery speed and works very well when fitted with the Eclipse Shooter "DD" (4x6) Search Coil on ploughed land amongst the Iron.I have puled out hammered Coins with Iron stains on them, just shows how good the recovery speed and sensitivity  of the unit is.

Dig it all !.......Explain to the wife where you been later.
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 10:29:42 PM »

Hi Mike
To answer you question on recovery speed
Keywords "Fisher F75 recovery"
Coz i detect mostly local trashy areas a fast recovery was somthing i was after then i Bought the F75
Id have copied and pastes the write ups for you but there so many i wouldnt know where to start

I hear the Fisher F75 LTD is even quicker

Good luck on your search for speed ;0)
kaister

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 11:27:20 PM »

out the machines i have tried, i would have to say the xp goldmax power, its super fast, there was a debate a while ago about t2 vs f75 vs goldmaxxpower, i dont think there was a final difinitve answer as they are all pretty quick.
I can get a copper penny and wave it back and forth across the head of my goldmaxx as fast as i can and it beebs every time. I have never use the t2 or f75.

I try to get hammerd at least once a week.
PHIL YNYSBOETH
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 11:48:13 PM »

Hi Kaister

I was going to buy a Goldmaxx power after My Exp2 but i was scared off be the fact it wasnt a good beach detector
I know the f75 has got a bad press where thats conserned but after a web search and some help from club members who own one Ive got mine working very well on the wet stuff ;0)

Something that the Exp couldnt do and the Fisher can ...
I can place a coin less then 2 inchs away from a rusty nail and still pick out to definite targest and in disc mode i can even tell the ferrous from the non ferrous.thats on the surface or 4/5 inchs down
My Exp would sound like one large ferrous target.

Id go for fast recovery over depth every time
mole
Superhero Member

R.A.R.E- FID -DW MEMBER -SE /GOLDMAXX /

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 08:09:53 AM »

Don,nt like to say this  Grin but the goldmaxxs  have the fastest recovery speeds  ;)the T2 /F75 / MXT are not far behind  though if anyone doubts this take a look on youtube the gold chain test between the ETRAC and GOLDMAXX POWER  also norfolk wolf fieldtesting the goldmaxx power on youtube  Wink

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
Terra (Mike)

Teknetics G2 DW and FID

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 08:23:08 AM »

yeah i watched the norfolk wolf video's , the DFX didn't look good , but we don't know how he had it set up , thats the problem , yet the terosos looked fast

BETTER THE HUNTER THAN THE HUNTED
OzzyHeadSteve

Minelab Explorer SE Pro, R.A.R.E, FID, BRECON MDC

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 02:05:02 PM »

Mike Check These Out Butty

http://www.mlotv.com/view/378/e-trac-timings-minelab-modes-pinpoint-modes-and-screens/

Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 03:02:22 PM »

My views are more from observation than technical knowledge, but it does seem to be a fact that the more information you have the slower the recovery. ie the Tesoro, Cscope, and Bounty Hunter are the detectors of choice for hunting the Thames foreshore because they almost see through iron, next are the XP machines who give slightly more info in tones but are still great on iron contaminated sights,  some Whites are slower again because they are not only giving tone id but also a digital display then the Explorer series which do have the best tone id and display but are the slowest machines.
So it does seem to be the case that the more you get, the slower you have to work.
Salty (Karl) Cardiff Scan Club

Uses an E-trac and a G2

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2010, 05:04:09 PM »

The e-trac is no slug, but to get the Best out of it, you cant rush it,(apart from anything else you'll get tennis elbow trying to slow it down at the end of the swing if you go nuts Wink ) The recovery speed on that Deus that RJM has is very, very quick indeed. Shocked  Wink

Never Mistake my Kindness for Weakness

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal