Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 
dances with badgers
December 26, 2023, 10:41:07 PM
 This site used to be amazing, where has everybody gone? 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: selling of finds on dw site  (Read 8823 times)
wayne

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrrr

« on: October 26, 2011, 08:03:18 PM »

the selling of detecting finds on the dw site,can only send out the wrong message about the integrity of dw wales.
what do you think?

strange women lying in ponds,distributing swords,is no system of picking a leader
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 08:05:21 PM »

totally agree with the comment wayne, in my honest opinion, those that abuse this site in that way, should be barred.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 08:49:18 PM by handyman [Alan} » Logged

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Chef Geoff
Archaeological and Hardware Advisor
Dark Lord

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 08:17:13 PM »

I've never seen any for sale on here?
handyman [Alan}
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 08:39:06 PM »

there was one item just recently

"In America, feng shui is just aiming all of your furniture at the TV!"
Roman (Ray)
Restricted Member
Superhero Member

Whites DFX 300 + Lazer Hawkeye user !!

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 08:41:33 PM »

i must state ive never seen any either.
ray.

DOWN TO EARTH WITH ROMAN ( RAY )
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 08:52:04 PM »

Alan if you mean the Patera then you'll find that comes with an original bill of sale. I fully agree that selling of finds on this particular site is not something I would like to see happen, but as to second generation finds um? Difficult one to police. Should we ban Neil's add to buy gold or any posts regarding beach found gold which hints at it being sold? or even any posts that speculate on an items worth.
The "Darkside" ie detectornet have even banned any reference to finds on ebay and I don't think we want to aspire to be like them, even if only because Tweed wouldn't suit you and I look stupid in a twin set Grin
nfl
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 09:23:17 PM »

if nobody has sold any finds on this site that means theres a niche in the market Grin,,where do i set up my stall  Grin Grin

2012 finds
29 hammys
24 other silver coins pre 1947
2 silver thimbles,,,,2 parts gold medi ring
half noble coin weight
3 silver roman
celtic broach
celtic terret ring
b/a  axe head
1 pilgrims ampulla {1350-1450}
12thc personnel lead seal matrix
2 parts fibula 1 complete
14thc ring broac
Napoleon
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 10:45:31 PM »

Cheesy    should we open a big market Nfl? Grin we going to be on the bad book lol , serious i havent seen anyone selling finds on here till date so no need to worry , i think DW members will not do that  .
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 10:53:06 PM by Napoleon » Logged
Meatslicer

Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 02:40:34 AM »

I wouldnt want to sell any of my finds, despite my missus saying I need to show some profit from my hobby considering how much it has cost me so far!

Most of mine are fragmentary anyway so wouldnt be of interest to collectors.

I have just had a find taken for treasure but it is a fragment of a silver gilt fitting so again would not be colllectable.

I have a lovely collection of lead strips for sale if anyone wants them, about 3 kilos so far and counting.

Eric

22 Roman  Coins
13 Hammered
4 Georgian Silver
4 Silver love tokens
8 Victorian  Silver
40 Victorian Copper
6 Edwardian Silver
7 George IV
4 George V
0 Gold Coins
1 iron age gold
9 Roman Brooches
4 Copper Knobs
30 Buckles
1 med dagger hilt
1 Roman Spoon
2x Silver Gilt Treasure items
Jeb

from the N Wales Mountains

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 06:15:06 AM »

Geoff wrote,..... " The "Darkside" ie UKdetectornet have even banned any reference to finds on ebay and I don't think we want to aspire to be like them."

I WONDER WHY they`ve done that HuhHuh Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
It wouldn`t be that one of the Admin ,Peter Twin `s  now an Archaeologist  by any chance is it Huh?? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  .
 Its coming to something when an "Arkie" is allowed to be an Admin on a Metal detectorist forum  isn`t it Huh??   SCANDALOUS !!!

Whatever next, Ex cons on the board of the Police Federation maybe ?  Roll Eyes
OR Ex Russian defected spys, allowed to join MI6 ?

I don`t have a problem with selling finds.  Its NOT against the law and its certainly not anyones business what the finder does with his finds once they`ve been recorded.

If were going to go down the line where we "know" the selling of finds happens, but were just not going to let it happen on here for the "moralistic " sake of it, just to make us look whiter than white,in the Arkies eyes,  then arn`t we fooling no one but ourselves ?  Why appease these Arkies  ?  Shocked Huh
What  do we gain by it ?  Nothing. Because for every inch you give the Archaeologists ,time has proved  they want a mile in return.
 Appeasement never works.  I sell my finds and I believe if EVERYONE was honest  ,you`d find A LOT DO also.  Lets not get into the porky Pie slot for the sake of "looking good ,for the sake of looking good " to appease the Arkies  eh ?

Wayne wrote,.... " can only send out the wrong message about the integrity of dw wales."

Ah! but on who`s standard of INTEGRITY are we working to then ??
My standard might be up there to me , but down there to some one else.
 Waynes and the Handyman [Alans], might be up there to them , but down there to me ? So who`s right ? who`s wrong ? Who decides who`s standards, is the right standards for ones own actions or on here even ?
 But once "one persons " standards ,such as selling Metal detecting finds on a Metal detecting forum become swayed by Arkie appeasement . Then! were in big trouble, because all we do then ,is go down the same road as UKDN and be following the Arkie influenced path of the Admin on UKDN. 

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 07:03:56 AM by Jeb » Logged

Heaven won`t take me, and Hells afraid I`ll take over.
shunggav

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 08:04:50 AM »

what a crock of sh*t, if u want to sell finds then do so as long as they have been flo, i cant see its hurting anyone if u dont like it dont look it says under neath "stuff for sale" there is plenty more other topics to look at
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:23:50 AM by shunggav » Logged

The chicken came first – God would look silly sitting on an egg...... if u like me add me on facebook........ gavin  warren
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 08:21:21 AM »

i agree with gav,if you are going to sell them anyway,what is wrong with offering them to site members first.
 people buying gold on here so whats the hang up

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
shunggav

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 08:22:54 AM »

i agree with gav,if you are going to sell them anyway,what is wrong with offering them to site members first.
 people buying gold on here so whats the hang up

and at least you know ur finds are stay in this country not sent to america as posable if u stick them on e bay

The chicken came first – God would look silly sitting on an egg...... if u like me add me on facebook........ gavin  warren
dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 08:28:43 AM »

whats wrong with givin peeps first refusal?

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
Chef Geoff
Dark Lord

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 09:10:59 AM »

He he hahaha Grin. Best can of worms I've seen opened on here for ages Cheesy
I do have to agree in principle with Jeb, (though I would love to play him a bit because he is good fun lol).
It is hypocritical of the vast majority to gasp and shade their eyes to protect themselves from the offence of finds actually being sold. Because most of us have sold finds, I have on many occasions and I'm not to proud to admit that most times it was due to need rather than greed.
If we are honest with ourselves, and others, if you went out tomorrow and found a mid-to-high range gold coin, about £1200, would you not be thinking about what you would be doing with the money?
So horror of horrors the question is not morals in themselves but what price we sell those morals for, because those finds that we would  want to sell because of their higher price, are exactly the ones that are rarer and by extension more historically valuable and shouldn't be sold..........catch 22 hu Wink

Right back to the forum selling Wink My objection to selling of finds on a forum (not that I think it would happen) is for the very same reason that pre mid 1980? you couldn't buy a pint of cider in the majority of pubs and never in the lounge.................It invited the wrong clientèle Cheesy as it would on here, the world and his wife and their dealer would be selling things.  And as soon as the first dodgy find (Nighthawked) came to light it would be game over as a site, so it's best not to even start down that road but the only policing we need is lots of hope and common sense from the membership.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 09:33:26 AM by Chef Geoff » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal