Choose fontsize:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News
gesza
May 02, 2024, 06:07:44 PM
 I'm still here any rallies coming up? 
jamiepearce
January 17, 2024, 07:59:51 PM
 Evening.been out the picture for a few years.is there any weekenders coming up this year?
rookypair
January 04, 2024, 09:57:08 AM
 I think everyone has dispersed in all directions. Good to see some of the original peeps posting to 
rjm
January 03, 2024, 11:26:38 PM
 This site is pretty dead now! 
TOMTOM
January 03, 2024, 05:38:50 PM
 HI IM HERE ANY RALLYS
dances with badgers
December 28, 2023, 09:40:42 AM
 the dreaded social media lol
DEADLOCK
December 27, 2023, 08:26:38 AM
 Still going social media plays a big part 

Currently there is 1 User in the Chatroom!

Click here if you
need van signs

Or here if you
need magnetic signs

Or here if you
need a
Corporate Video Production Company in Milton Keynes

See our
privacy policy here

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: crazy detector bidding on ebay  (Read 1474 times)
peanut

« on: January 18, 2012, 12:18:18 PM »

why do detectorists bid ridiculous sums on used detectors ?  The bidding on this Garrett AT Pro is already at £446.00 with 4x days to go ? Huh Shocked   Last time I looked they were only  £387.49 plus import tax etc brand new on ebay .?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290656844125?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

This detector isn't the AT Pro International which is the European version. It is the US version which the seller presumably imported from the US. The problem is the detector will have no Warrantee whatsoever because it isn't transferrable from owner to owner. If the detector develops a fault after a couple of weeks the buyer will have to pay to ship it back to the manufacturers in the US and pay for the repair.!   Roll Eyes

£575.00 might seem expensive for the AT Pro International sold in the UK compared to £387.49 from the US  but by the time you have added import tax, inland shipping, handling charges, admin charges and VAT you will probably have to pay about £485+ from the US and what a nightmare it would be to try to get a repair or replacement from the US !.... 

I know where I will be ordering my AT Pro from shortly......it will be from  the excellent Hidden History where I bought my Euroace and Pro pointer from. Wink Grin

dances with badgers
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 12:22:50 PM »

find a british distributor for um

if music be the food of love ,sing me a trifle.
 2012 WITH ETRAC,PULSEPOWER GOLDSCAN MK2 and SOVEREIGN ELITE     
gold = loads lol
rjm
Superhero Member

XP Deus

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 02:03:59 PM »

Yes, it's possible to buy a Deus a bit cheaper in Europe but it comes with the language of that country and you have to
return it to XP (France) to get it changed to English.

Ok, for Napoleon (Nordine) I suppose.............but, as said, if a prblem it's expensive having to post it back to XP
rather than Regton, Birmingham who will usually sort it out within 48 hours.

I'd rather pay a bit more and have piece of mind.

It's probably the bidder doesn't realise the warranty issues and the machine isn't for set up for Europe?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Home
SimplePortal 2.3.3 © 2008-2010, SimplePortal