C-Scope Cs6mxi first impressions

(1/2) > >>

relichunting:
Ok after trying the new machine out on Saturday and finding a nice Elizabeth 1 half groat and a post medieval sword hanger,I got it into my head that I didn't really need two machines.

I thought this machine can not do anything my Deus can not already do,well thankfully after a few tests today I believe I was wrong  ???  

I even put the machine up for sale,I am so pleased no one bought it.

So what is the difference between this machine and a GMP/Deus.

With discrimination on a minimum 4 and the iron volume on 0 all small iron is totally cut out you don't even hear it,of course you can have the iron volume higher and the iron will come though as a low tone grunt.

I then experimented with the discrimination and the discrimination volume.

Setting discrimination to 5  silver paper, fag packs came through as mid tone,lowering the discrimination volume to 0 cut it out and you do not hear it at all,hopefully this will be the same range as coke,sadly I didn't have any to test this on.

Hang on I hear you shouting yes that is ok but your lose small hammered's, and gold, wrong waving  a small hammered under the coil it gave a nice high tone at around 10 inches,it also had no problems with a few rings, and a half gold guinea that i tried.

Now the one thing that has worried me with my Deus is the Auto ground balance set at 90,on a lot of sites the ground read 74-76 and I know I am not getting a lot of depth
Manually adjusting it down to 74-76 or using the tracking method just makes the machine noisy.

With this C-scope you have an Auto ground balance that will handle most sites,if the site is very badly mineralised you may have to lower the sensitivity a little

On clean sites you can manually ground balance the detector and increase sensitivity a little.

Build quality of the machine is excellent,and I thought the balance was quite good,you can also belt mount it if prefered.

Still a lot of testing to do on this machine but overall a nice bit of kit from C-Scope  ;D   

diggerdave1:
Happy to hear your keeping the 6mx i....did wonder after seeing u with machine at horsey, why u wanted to sell it off so soon after  ???....Reckon more u get to know the machine in the field, better u will like it!.....sure cscope and yourself, are on2 a Winner there.... :)

rjm:

Nice write up, Shaun.

You know the Deus pretty well so if you are rating the CS6MXi it must be good!  :)

The Doc:
Quote from: rjm on December 13, 2011, 04:48:36 PM

Nice write up, Shaun.

You know the Deus pretty well so if you are rating the CS6MXi it must be good!  :)

Sounds like you'll need a change of detector Bob  ;)

relichunting:
The Deus is still and will always be my number one choice,this new C-Scope will have its uses though,and makes a excellent back up machine.

It will be interesting how it handles a highly mineralised site

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page